Aperture Service—Supported File Types
The Aperture service extracts metadata and textual content for more than 100 file formats including the following commonly used formats:
- Hyper Text Markup Language—HTML, XHTML
- XML and derived formats—OOXML
- Microsoft Office document formats—complete list including both the OLE-based and XML-based formats (for example .doc and .docx)
- Source code
- Mail formats—including MS Exchange, MS Outlook, PST, and RFC 822
- Executable programs and libraries—windows executables and Linux/BSD binaries
- Open Document Format
- iWorks document formats—Numbers, Pages and keynote
- Portable Document Format—PDF
- Electronic Publication Format—ePub
- Rich Text Format—RTF
- Compression and packaging format—tar, rar, zip, 7zip
- Text formats
- Feed and Syndication formats
- Help formats—chm
- Java class files and archives—jar
- Font formats
For a list of additional supported file formats, see https://tika.apache.org/1.8/formats.html
Aperture Predefined Content Data Patterns
Aperture Predefined Content Data Patterns The predefined data patterns provided by Aperture enable you to discover sensitive content and how that content is being shared ...
Manage Aperture Policy
Manage Aperture Policy Policy in Aperture™ is simple and aims to create an awareness of user actions and minimize the risks associated with the use ...
Syslog Integration Syslog is a standard log transport mechanism that enables the aggregation of log data from different sources into a central repository for archiving. ...
User-ID Features Support for Multiple Username Formats Multiple username formats are now supported for User-ID sources when you specify the user attributes for the firewall ...
Use Faceted Search to Filter Assets
Learn how to use faceted search on Aperture to investigate and view details about incidents discovered when scanning your SaaS applications. ...
Supported SaaS Applications
The Aperture service provides a consistent security policy for your SaaS applications to detect data exfiltration and malware propagation. ...
New Features Introduced in February 2017
New Features Introduced in February 2017 The following table provides a snapshot of new features introduced for Aperture™ in February 2017. Refer to the Aperture ...
Add a File Property Data Pattern
Use custom or extended file properties in Office and PDF documents as match criteria in asset policy rules. ...
Register and Activate Aperture Licenses
Learn how to register and activate your Aperture licenses. ...