Begin Scanning Microsoft Office 365 Apps
To begin scanning Microsoft Office 365 apps:
- Add company.onmicrosoft.com as an internal domain.
- Log in to Office 365 using an account with privileges
that will enable communication between the Aperture service and
the Microsoft Office 365 apps.Before you can establish communication between the Aperture service and the Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint and OneDrive apps, you must:
- Go to http://portal.microsoftonline.com and log out of Office 365.
- Log back in to Office 365 using an account that has the Global Admin role prior to adding the Office 365 app to the Aperture service.
- Add the Office 365 app.
- From the Aperture Dashboard, Add a Cloud App.
- Select Office 365.
- Select one of the following:
If you have a dedicated Office 365 account, select Using a custom configuration? and provide the URLs for OneDrive and SharePoint that are part of your custom configuration.
- Connect to Office 365 Account
- Using a custom configuration?
- Enter the login credentials for the account with Global Admin role privileges on the Microsoft Online page to which you are redirected.
- Review and Accept the changes
that the Aperture service can perform on your assets in Microsoft
Office 365.Upon successful authentication, the new Office365 app is added to the list of Cloud Apps as Office365 n, where n is the number of Office 365 app instances that you have connected to the Aperture service, for example Office365 1.
- (Optional) Give a descriptive name to this app
- Select the Office365 n link on the Cloud Apps list.
- Enter a descriptive Name to differentiate this instance of Office 365 from other instances you are managing.
- Click Done to save your changes.
- Define global scan settings.
- Add policy rules.When you add a new cloud app, the Aperture service automatically scans the app against the default data patterns and displays the match occurrences. As a best practice, consider the business use of your app to determine whether you want to Add a New Policy Rule for Content to look for risks unique to the new app.
- (Optional) Configure or edit a data pattern.When you add a new cloud app, the Aperture service automatically scans the app against the default data patterns and displays the match occurrences. You can Configure Data Patterns to identify specific strings of text, characters, words, or patterns to make it possible to find all instances of text that match a data pattern you specify.
- Start scanning the new Microsoft Office 365 app for risks.
- Select SettingsCloud Apps & Scan Settings.
- In the Cloud Apps row that corresponds to the new Office 365 app, select ActionsStart Scanning.
- Monitor the results of the scan.As the Aperture service starts scanning files and matching them against enabled policy rules, Monitor Scan Results on the Dashboard to verify that your policy rules are effective.Monitoring the progress of the scan during the discovery phase allows you to Fine-Tune Policy to modify the match criteria and ensure better results.
Begin Scanning a Microsoft Exchange App
Use the Aperture service to scan and identify incidents found when scanning assets and email attachments in your MS Exchange app. ...
Supported SaaS Applications
The Aperture service provides a consistent security policy for your SaaS applications to detect data exfiltration and malware propagation. ...
Begin Scanning a Cisco Webex Teams App
Begin Scanning a Cisco Webex Teams App The Aperture service scans messages and files shared on spaces within the Cisco Webex Teams app. To begin ...
Add Cloud Apps to the Aperture Service
Add Cloud Apps to the Aperture Service To begin securing the Supported SaaS Applications The Aperture service provides a consistent security policy for your SaaS ...
Begin Scanning a Box App
Begin Scanning a Box App If you plan to Begin Selective Scanning Using Azure Active Directory Groups Add your Azure Active Directory to Aperture to ...
Begin Scanning a Jive App
Begin Scanning a Jive App To begin scanning a Jive app: Add the Jive app. From the Aperture Dashboard , Add a Cloud App . ...
Begin Scanning Citrix ShareFile Apps
Begin Scanning Citrix ShareFile Apps To begin scanning Citrix ShareFile apps: Add your Citrix fileshare domain(s) as an internal domain on the Aperture service. . ...
Begin Scanning a Slack for Enterprise App
Begin Scanning a Slack for Enterprise App To begin scanning a Slack for Enterprise app: Enable the privileges required for communication between the Aperture service ...
Begin Scanning Dropbox, GitHub, or Yammer
Begin Scanning Dropbox, GitHub, or Yammer Use the following procedure to add Dropbox, GitHub, or Yammer as a monitored cloud application on the Aperture service. ...