Activate Cortex Data Lake on the Cortex Hub
If are using the Traps management service to secure your endpoints, all logs generated by the Traps components are forwarded to the Cortex Data Lake and you can view these logs directly from the Traps management service.
When you activated the Traps management service, if you did not have a Cortex Data Lake instance in the region where you were deploying the Traps management service, you received Traps Included Storage of 100GB. If you now require additional log storage capacity for Traps logs, use this workflow to upgrade the Traps Included Storage of 100GB to the Cortex Data Lake you purchased with a larger storage capacity. For this use case, you can activate the Cortex Data Lake Auth code from the Cloud Services portal.
If you plan to configure your Palo Alto Networks firewalls or GlobalProtect cloud services to use this Cortex Data Lake instance, you must activate the Cortex Data Lake from the Customer Support Portal instead.
- Sign In to the cloud services portal at https://apps.paloaltonetworks.com/.
- Activate your Cortex Data Lake Auth code.
- Click Activate New App.
- Enter the Auth Code you received to activate the Cortex Data Lake and click Continue.
- Enter an Instance Name to identify your tenant in the cloud services portal and provide an optional Description.
- Enter an Instance Name to identify your Cortex Data Lake tenant in the cloud services portal and provide an optional Description.
- Select the Region in which you want to host the Cortex Data Lake tenant: Europe or Americas.
- Select the Cortex Data Lake instance with Traps Included Storage-100GB so that you can merge the logs from the 100GB tenant into the Cortex Data Lake instance that you are activating.
- Click Agree and Activate.
- Verify the Cortex Data Lake is successfully activated on the Cloud Services portal.
Cortex Data Lake License Activation
Determine whether to you need to activate your Cortex Data Lake (formerly called the Logging Service) license on the CSP or on the Cloud Services ...
Activate the Traps Management Service
Activate the Traps Management Service After you purchase Traps licenses, you will receive an email with an Auth code that you can use to activate ...
Plan Your Traps Management Service Deployment
Plan Your Traps Management Service Deployment Before you get started with the Traps management service, plan your deployment: Use the Cortex Data Lake Calculator to ...
Manage Logging Storage for Cortex XDR
Cortex XDR – Analytics licenses are based on Cortex Data Lake capacity. To view your licensed capacity, use the Customer Support Portal. ...
View Cortex Data Lake Status
View Cortex Data Lake Status The Cortex Hub allows you to confirm that your service is provisioned in the region you chose when you activated ...
Cortex XDR Configuration Overview With Cortex XDR you can use a variety of sensors to integrate all your network, endpoint, and cloud data. For the ...
Get Started with the Cortex Data Lake
Get up and running with the Palo Alto Networks Logging service quickly and easily. ...
Manage Logging Storage for Traps
Manage Logging Storage for Traps The Cortex Data Lake provides granular control over quota allocation for each type of log it receives. After you activate ...