Activate Cortex Data Lake
After purchasing Cortex Data Lake, you received an auth code that you’ll use to activate Cortex Data Lake. The steps here describe how to do that, which includes:
- Generating the key that firewalls that fireawlls need to authenticate directly to Cortex Data Lake.
- (Optional) Merging logs from a Traps Included Storage instance of Cortex Data Lake with a new Cortex Data Lake instance.
If you’re using Panorama or GlobalProtect cloud service:If you want to forward logs to Cortex Data Lake from Panorama-managed firewalls, or you’re using GlobalProtect cloud service, you should use the Customer Support Portal to activate Cortex Data Lake instead of the Cortex hub. To learn more about when to use the Cortex hub or the Customer Support Portal to activate Cortex Data Lake, see Cortex Data Lake License and Activation.
- Activate Cortex Data Lake.
- Log in to the Cortex hub.
- ClickActivate New App.
- Enter theAuth Codeyou received to activate Cortex Data Lake andContinue.
- Enter anInstance Nameso that you can identify this app instance in the Cortex hub, and provide an optionalDescription.
- Select theRegionyou want to host the Cortex Data Lake instance:EuropeorAmericas.
- (If you’re using Traps management service) Select theCortex Data Lakeinstance with Traps Included Storage-100GB so that you can merge the logs from the 100GB tenant into the Cortex Data Lake instance that you are activating.
- ClickAgree and Activate.
- Verify the Cortex Data Lake is successfully activated on the Cortex hub.
- In the Cortex hub, log in to the Cortex Data Lake app instance you just activated.
- SelectConfigurationand configure the log storage quota for the log types that you plan to forward to Cortex Data Lake.By default, when you add a new log source like the firewall, quota is not allocated for the log types that belong to this source. Until you configure the log storage quota, logs are not saved in Cortex Data Lake.
- Stop here if:Otherwise, if you’re planning to directly onboard firewalls to Cortex Data Lake without Panorama, continue to the next step.
- SelectFirewall On-BoardingandGenerate PSKto generate the pre-shared key that firewalls need to securely connect to Cortex Data Lake.Copy this PSK—when you close out of this page, you will no longer be able to reference it, and you need it continue to set up firewalls to log to Cortex Data Lake.Important:PSKs are valid for 24 hours, and generating a new PSK invalidates any PSKs generated earlier. You can use this PSK for as many firewalls as you’d like to onboard to Cortex Data Lake in the 24-hour period that it’s valid. You do not need to generate different PSKs for each firewall that you want to onboard.
- Continue to Forward Logs to Cortex Data Lake. This includes enabling the firewalls to connect to Cortex Data Lake, and specifying the log types that you want firewalls to forward.
Cortex Data Lake License Activation
Determine whether to you need to activate your Cortex Data Lake (formerly called the Logging Service) license on the Cortex hub or in the Customer ...
Configure the Firewalls to Forward Logs to the Cortex Data Lake
Forward Logs to Cortex Data Lake After you activate Cortex Data Lake, you can configure firewalls to start forwarding logs. This includes enabling the firewalls ...
Plan Your Cortex Data Lake Deployment
Plan Your Cortex Data Lake Deployment Here are some requirements and tips to consider as you plan your Cortex Data Lake deployment: Use the Cortex ...
Onboard Panorama-Managed Firewalls to Cortex Data Lake
Use Panorama to start sending firewall logs to Cortex Data Lake at scale. ...
Get Started with the Cortex Data Lake
Get up and running with the Palo Alto Networks Logging service quickly and easily. ...
Cortex Data Lake Apps
Cortex Data Lake Apps Cortex Data Lake includes the following apps which you can use to manage and view your logs. After you’ve activated Cortex ...
Forward Logs to Cortex Data Lake (Panorama-Managed Firewalls)
Forward Logs to Cortex Data Lake (Panorama-Managed Firewalls) For Panorama-managed firewalls to send logs to Cortex Data Lake, the firewalls and Panorama need to be ...
Activate Cortex Data Lake (Panorama-Managed Firewalls)
Activate Cortex Data Lake (Panorama-Managed Firewalls) Panorama can provision the certificates that firewalls require to securely connect to the Cortex Data Lake. In this case, ...
Cortex Data Lake Logging for Firewalls without Panorama
Cortex Data Lake Logging for Firewalls without Panorama Palo Alto Networks® Cortex Data Lake provides cloud-based, centralized log storage and aggregation for firewalls and certain ...