Create a Broker VM Image for Alibaba Cloud
Learn how to create a image file of your Cortex XDR broker virtual machine (VM) for Alibaba Cloud.
After you download your
QCOW2image, you need to upload it to Alibaba Cloud. Since the image file is larger than 5G, you need to download the
ossutilutility file provided by Alibaba Cloud to upload the image.
To create a Broker VM image for Alibaba Cloud:
- Download theossutilutility file provided by Alibaba Cloud.The download is dependent on the operating system and infrastructure you are using.
For more information on downloading the utility, see the Alibaba Cloud documentation.
- Alibaba Cloud supports using the following operating systems for the utility file: Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- Supported architectures: x86 (32-bit and 64-bit) and ARM (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Upload the image file to Alibaba Cloud using the utility file you downloaded.The command is dependent on the operating system and architecture you are using. Below are a few examples of the commands to use based on the different operating systems and architectures, which you may need to modify based on your system requirements.
- Linux(using CLI)
- Format./ossutil64 cp Downloads/<name of broker vm QCOW2 image> oss://<directory name>/<file name for uploaded image>Example./ossutil64 cp Downloads/QCOW2_broker-vm-14.0.1.qcow2 oss://kvm-images-qcow2/XDR-broker-vm-14.0.1.qcow2
- macOS(using CLI)
- Format./ossutilmac64 cp Downloads/<name of broker vm QCOW2 image oss://<directory name>/<file name for uploaded image>Example./ossutilmac64 cp Downloads/QCOW2_broker-vm-14.0.1.qcow2 oss://kvm-images-qcow2/XDR-broker-vm-14.0.1.qcow2
- Windows(using CMD)
- Format for 64-bitD:\ossutil>ossutil64.exe cp Downloads\<name of broker vm QCOW2 image> oss://<directory name>/<file name for uploaded image>Example for 64-bitD:\ossutil>ossutil64.exe cp Downloads\QCOW2_broker-vm-14.0.1.qcow2 oss://kvm-images-qcow2/XDR-broker-vm-14.0.1.qcow2
- Create the image file in the Alibaba Cloud format.
- Open the Alibaba Cloud console.
- Select, where theHamburger menuObject Storage Service<directory name><directory name>is the directory you configured when uploading the image. For example, in the step above the<directory name>used in the examples provided iskvm-images-qcow2.TheObject Storage Servicemust be created in the sameRegionas the image of the virtual machine.
- From the list of images displayed, find the row for the Broker VM QCOW2 image that you uploaded, and clickView Details.
- In theURLfield of theView Detailsright-pane displayed, copy the internal link for the image in Alibaba cloud. The URL that you copy ends with.comand you should not include any of the text displayed after this.
- Select.Hamburger menuElastic Compute ServiceInstances & ImagesImages
- In theImport Imagesarea on theImagespage, clickImport Images.
- In theImport Imageswindow, set the following parameters.
- OSS Object Address—This field is a combination of the internal link that you copied for the Broker VM image and the <file name for uploaded image> using this format<internal link>/<file name for uploaded image>. Paste the internal link for the Broker VM QCOW2 image in Alibaba Cloud that you copied, and add the following text after the.com:/<file name for uploaded image>.
- Image Name—Specify a name for the image.
- Operating System/Platform—LeaveLinuxconfigured and changeCentOStoUbuntu.
- System Architecture—Leave the defaultx86_64selected.
- Leave the rest of the fields as defined by the default or change them according to your system requirements.
- ClickOK.A notification is displayed indicating that image was imported successfully. Once theStatusfor the imported image in theImagespage changes toAvailable, you will know the process is complete. This can take a few minutes.
- Create a new virtual machine (VM) in Alibaba Cloud.
- Select.Hamburger menuElastic Compute ServiceInstances & ImagesInstances
- Create Instanceto open a wizard to define the VM machine.
- Define theBasic Configurationsscreen by setting these parameters.
- Billing Method—Select the applicable billing method according to your system requirements.
- Region—Ensure theRegionselected is the same as theOSS Object Address.
- Instance Type—Set these settings according to your system requirements.
- Selected Instance Type Quantity—Set these settings according to your system requirements.
- Image—SelectCustom Image, and in the field select the image that you imported to Alibaba Cloud.
- Storage—(Optional)Set these settings according to your system requirements.
- Snapshot—(Optional)Set these settings according to your system requirements.
- Define theNetworkingscreen by setting these parameters.
- Network Type—Select the applicableNetwork Typeand update the field according to your system configuration.
- Public IP Address—(Optional)Enable the instance to access the public network.
- Security Group—You must select aSecurity Groupfor setting network access controls for the instance. Ensure that port 22 and port 443 are allowed in the security group rules to access the Broker VM.
- Elastic Network Interface—(Optional)Add an ENI according to you system requirements.
- Define theSystem Configurationsscreen by setting these parameters.
- Logon Credentials—SelectInherit Password From Image.
- Instance Name—You can either leave the default instance name or specify a new name for the VM instance.
- Description—(Optional)Specify a description for the VM instance.
- The rest of the fields are optional to configure.
- (Optional)Define theGroupingscreen according to your system requirements.
- Review thePreviewscreen settings, selectECS Terms of Service and Product Terms of Service, and clickCreate Instance.A dialog box is displayed indicating that the VM instance has been created. ClickConsoleto bring you back to theInstancespage, where you can see theIP Addresslisted to connect to the VM instance.
- Reboot the Broker VM before logging in for the first time.
Recommended For You
Recommended VideosRecommended videos not found.