Upgrade Cortex XDR Agents
You can upgrade the Cortex XDR agent software by using the appropriate method for the endpoint operating system.
After you install the
XDRagent and the agent registers with
XDR, you can upgrade the
XDRagent software using a method supported by the endpoint platform:
- Android—Upgrade the app directly from the Google Play Store or push the app to your endpoints from an endpoint management system such as AirWatch.
- Windows, Mac, or Linux—Create new installation packages and push theCortexXDRagent package to up to 5,000 endpoints fromCortexXDR.
- You cannot upgrade VDI endpoints or a Golden Image.
- Before upgrading aCortexXDRagent 7.0 or later running on macOS 10.15.4 or later, you must ensure that the System Extensions were approved on the endpoint. Otherwise, if the extensions were not approved, after the upgrade the extensions remain on the endpoint without any option to remove them which could cause the agent to display unexpected behavior. To check whether the extensions were approved, you can either verify that the endpoint is in Fully Protected state inCortexXDR, or execute the following command line on the endpoint to list the extensions:systemextensionsctl list. If you need to approve the extensions, follow the workflow explained in theCortexXDRagent administration guide for approving System Extensions, either manually or using an MDM profile.
Upgrades are supported using actions which you can initiate from the
Action Centeror from
All Endpointsas described in this workflow.
- Create an Agent Installation Package for each operating system version for which you want to upgrade theCortexXDRagent.Note the installation package names.
- Select.EndpointsAll EndpointsIf needed, filter the list of endpoints. To reduce the number of results, use the endpoint name search and filtersFiltersat the top of the page.
- Select the endpoints you want to upgrade.You can also select endpoints running different operating systems to upgrade the agents at the same time.
- Right-click your selection and select.Endpoint ControlUpgrade Agent VersionFor each platform, select the name of the installation package you want to push to the selected endpoints.Starting in theCortexXDRagent 7.1 release, you can install theCortexXDRagent on Linux endpoints using package manager. When you upgrade an agent on a Linux endpoint that is not using package manager,CortexXDRupgrades the installation process by default according to the endpoint Linux distribution. Alternatively, if you do not want to use the package manage, clear the optionUpgrade to installation by package manager.TheCortexXDRagent keeps the name of the original installation package after every upgrade.
- Upgrade.CortexXDRdistributes the installation package to the selected endpoints at the next heartbeat communication with the agent. To monitor the status of the upgrades, go to. From theResponseAction CenterAction Centeryou can also view additional information about the upgrade (right-click the action and selectAdditional data) or cancel the upgrade (right-click the action and selectCancel Agent Upgrade).
- During the upgrade process, the endpoint operating system might request for a reboot. However, you do not have to perform the reboot for theCortexXDRagent upgrade process to complete successfully.
- After you upgrade to aCortexXDRagent 7.2 or a later release on an endpoint withCortexXDRDevice Control rules, you need to reboot the endpoint for the rules to take effect.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.