Upgrade Cortex XDR Agents
After you install the Cortex XDR agent and the agent registers with Cortex XDR, you can upgrade the Cortex XDR agent software using a method supported by the endpoint platform:
- Android—Upgrade the app directly from the Google Play Store or push the app to your endpoints from an endpoint management system such as AirWatch.
- Windows, Mac, or Linux—Create new installation packages and push the Cortex XDR agent package to up to 5,000 endpoints from Cortex XDR.You cannot upgrade VDI endpoints. Additionally, you cannot upgrade a Golden Image from Cortex XDR agent 6.1.x or an earlier release to a Cortex XDR agent 7.1.0 or a later release.
Upgrades are supported using actions which you can initiate from the
Action Centeror from
Endpoint Administrationas described in this workflow.
- Create an Agent Installation Package for each operating system version for which you want to upgrade the Cortex XDR agent.Note the installation package names.
- Select.EndpointsEndpoint ManagementIf needed, filter the list of endpoints. To reduce the number of results, use the endpoint name search and filtersFiltersat the top of the page.
- Select the endpoints you want to upgrade.You can also select endpoints running different operating systems to upgrade the agents at the same time.
- Right-click your selection and select.Endpoint ControlUpgrade agent versionFor each platform, select the name of the installation package you want to push to the selected endpoints.Starting in the Cortex XDR agent 7.1 release, you can install the Cortex XDR agent on Linux endpoints using package manager. When you upgrade an agent on a Linux endpoint that is not using package manager, Cortex XDR upgrades the installation process by default according to the endpoint Linux distribution. Alternatively, if you do not want to use the package manage, clear the optionUpgrade to installation by package manager.The Cortex XDR agent keeps the name of the original installation package after every upgrade.
- Upgrade.Cortex XDR distributes the installation package to the selected endpoints at the next heartbeat communication with the agent. To monitor the status of the upgrades, go to. From theResponseAction CenterAction Centeryou can also view additional information about the upgrade (right-click the action and selectAdditional data) or cancel the upgrade (right-click the action and selectCancel Agent Upgrade).
- During the upgrade process, the endpoint operating system might request for a reboot. However, you do not have to perform the reboot for the Cortex XDR agent upgrade process to complete successfully.
- After you upgrade to a Cortex XDR agent 7.2 or a later release on an endpoint with Cortex XDR Device Control rules, you need to reboot the endpoint for the rules to take effect.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.