Cortex® XDR™ enables you to manage roles for a specific tenant using the
You can manage roles for a specific tenant only using the Cortex® XDR™
Access Managementconsole is divided into two subcategories,
Roles, which you can view on separate pages.
Userspage, Cortex XDR lists all the users allocated to a specific tenant name. The
Userstable provides different fields of information as detailed below. At the top of the page, you can perform the following actions.
- Import Multiple User Rolesas a CSV (Comma-separated values) file.
- Show User Subsetto display only the users who are not designated as aHiddenuser (default).
- View ByUsers(default) orTenants.
- User Name—Displays the first and last name of the user.
- XDR Role—Name of the role assigned to the user. When the user does not have any Cortex XDR access permission, the field displaysNo-Role.
- Endpoint Scope—Displays the currently assigned Endpoint Scope for the user as eitherAll EndpointsorSpecific Groups.
- Last Login Time—Last date and time the user accessed the tenant.
- Status—Displays whether the user isActiveorInactive.
Rolespage, Cortex XDR lists the Predefined User Roles for Cortex® XDR™ and custom defined roles. Use roles to assign specific view and action access privileges to administrative user accounts. The way you configure administrative access depends on the security requirements of your organization. The built-in roles provide specific access rights that cannot be changed. The roles you create provide more granular access control.
- Role Name—Name of the role.
- Created By—Displays either the email address of the user who created a custom role or for predefined roles one of the following options are displayed.
- Palo Alto Networks—Predefined role granting user permissions in all tenants.
- <user email address> —Custom role created in the gateway granting user permission to this tenant.
- <user email address> —Custom role created in the Cortex XDR app granting user permission to this specific tenant.
- Description—Description of the role.
- Creation Time—Date and time when the role was created. The field is available for only a custom role.
- Update Date—Date and time of when the role was last updated. The field is available for only a custom role.
- Custom—Displays a boolean value of eitherYesorNoto indicate whether the role is a custom role.
When creating a
New Roleor editing an existing role, you can manage roles for all Cortex XDR apps and services in the
Componentssection of the
Create Rolewindow. By assigning roles, you enforce the separation of viewing access and initiating actions among functional or regional areas of your organization.
- Select.Settings ( )ConfigurationsAccess Management
- Manage your Cortex XDR users and roles.Cortex XDR only displays the roles available on your tenant. To view the roles and permissions for multiple tenants, see Permission Management.In theRolestable, the following options are available to help you manage roles.
- Create a custom role based on Cortex XDR Predefined roles.
- Locate the predefined role that you want to base your custom role on, right-click, and selectSave As New Role.
- Specify aRole Nameand update theDescription.
- In theComponentssection, update theViewsandActionspermissions you want the role to include.
- Createthe role.
- Create and save new roles based on the granular permission.
- SelectNew Role.
- Specify aRole NameandDescription.
- In theComponentssection, select theViewsandActionspermissions you want the role to include.
- Createthe role.
- Edit role permissions (only available for roles you create).
- Locate the custom role you want to edit, right-click, and selectEdit Role.
- In theComponentssection of theEdit Rolewindow, update theViewsandActionspermissions you want the role to include.
- Editthe role.
- Assign roles to a Cortex XDR user.In theUserspage, the following options are available to help you manage users. You can assign roles to one or more users at a time.
- Update user role for users with an exiting role.
- You can either hover over the user name and select theUpdate User Roleicon ( ), located to the right of the row, or right-click the user name and selectUpdate User Role.
- Select aRolefrom the list of default and custom roles that you want to assign the user andUpdatethe role.
- Designate a user as hidden.Locate the user you want to hide, right-click, and selectHide User. When a user is designated as hidden, the user will no longer be displayed in theUserstable when the table is configured toShow User Subset(default configuration). This is useful, for example, when you have users, who are not related to Cortex XDR and will not be designated with a Cortex XDR role, such as CSP Super Users, and you want to hide them from the list.
- Copy text to clipboardto copy text from a specific row field in the row of a user.
- Copy entire rowto copy the text from all the fields in a row of a user.
- Manage User Scope
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.