Activate the CSV Collector
Activating the broker VM with a CSV Collector applet enables you to monitor and collect CSV log files from a shared Windows directory to your log repository.
Ingesting Logs and Data from external sources requires a
XDRPro per TB license.
The broker VM provides a CSV Collector applet that enables you to monitor and collect CSV (comma-separated values) log files from a shared Windows directory directly to your log repository for query and visualization purposes. After you activate the CSV Collector applet on a broker VM in your network, you can ingest CSV files as datasets by defining the list of folders mounted to the broker VM and setting the list of CSV files to monitor and upload to
XDRusing a username and password.
Be sure you do the following tasks before you begin setting up the CSV Collector applet.
- Ensure that yousharethe applicable CSV files.
- Know the complete file path for the Windows directory.
Activate the CSV Collector.
- InCortexXDR, selectand locate your broker VM.SettingsConfigurationsData BrokerBroker VMs
- Right-click the broker VM and select.CSV CollectorActivate
- Configure your CSV Collector by defining the list of folders mounted to the broker VM and specifying the list of CSV files to monitor and upload toCortexXDR. You must also specify a username and password.
- Mounted Folders
After you configure the mounted folder details,Add( ) details to the applet.
- FOLDER PATH—Specify the complete file path to the Windows directory containing the shared CSV files using the format://host/. For example,<folder_path>//testenv1pc10/CSVFiles.
- USERNAME—Specify the username for accessing the Windows directory.
- PASSWORD—Specify the password for accessing the Windows directory.
- Monitored CSV Files
- FOLDER PATH+NAME—Select the monitored Windows directory and specify the name of the CSV file. Use a wildcard file search using these characters in the name of the directory, CSV file name, andPath Exclusion.-?—Matches a single char, such as202?-report.csv.-*—Matches either multiple characters, such as2021-report*.csv, or all CSV files with*.csv.-**—Searches all directories and subdirectoriesFor example, if you want to include all the CSV files in the directory and any subdirectories, use the syntax//host/.<folder_path>/**/*.csvWhen you implement a wildcard file search, ensure that the CSV files share the same columns and header rows as all other logs that are collected from the CSV files to create a single dataset.
- PATH EXCLUSION—(Optional) Specify the complete file path for any files from the Windows directory that you do not want included. The same wildcard file search characters are allowed in this field as explained above for theFOLDER PATH+NAMEfield. For example, if you want to exclude any CSV file prefixed with 'exclude_' in the directory and subdirectories of//host/, use the syntax<folder_path>//host/.<folder_path>/**/exclude_*.csv>
- TAGS—(Optional) To easily query the CSV data in the database, you can add a tag to the collected CSV data. This tag is appended to the data using the format.<data>_<tag>
- TARGET DATASET—Either select the target dataset for the CSV data or create a new dataset by specifying the name for the new dataset.
- Activatethe CSV Collector applet.After a successful activation, theAppsfield displaysCSV Collector - Active.The CSV Collector checks for new CSV files every 10 minutes.
- (Optional) To view metrics about the CSV Collector, hover over theCSV Collectorlink in the Apps field.CortexXDRdisplaysResources, including the amount ofCPU,Memory, andDiskspace the applet is using.
- Manage the CSV Collector.After you activate the CSV Collector, you can make additional changes as needed. To modify a configuration, right-click your broker VM and select:
You can also Ingest CSV Files as Datasets.
- to redefine the CSV Collector configurations.CSV CollectorConfigure
- to disable the CSV Collector.CSV CollectorDeactivate
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.