Activate Cortex® XDR™
Learn how to activate Cortex® XDR™ after it has been deployed for your network.
To activate and manage user permissions of your Cortex XDR tenants, Cortex XDR operates as a standalone application known as the Cortex XDR Gateway.
The Cortex XDR Gateway allows you to:
- Activate new tenants.
- View and manage existing tenants and tenants available for activation that are allocated to your CSP account.
- View and manage granular role-based access control (RBAC) settings.
Activating a Cortex XDR tenant is a one-time task you’ll need to perform when you first start using Cortex XDR. After you’ve activated your Cortex XDR tenant—and completed all the steps described in Cortex® XDR™ Pro Setup Overview—you’ll only need to repeat the activation if you want to add additional Cortex XDR tenants.
The following are prerequisites to activate Cortex XDR:
- Locate the email that contains your activation information.
- You created and activated a Cortex Data Lake instance and know the instance name.This is a prerequisite for new customers, existing customers can link the Cortex XDR tenant to their existing CDL.
To activate your Cortex XDR tenant:
- Navigate to the activation link you received in email and sign in to begin activation in the Cortex XDR Gateway.As a first user with CSP Super User permissions to access the Cortex XDR Gateway, you are automatically granted XDR Account Admin permissions to the Cortex XDR Gateway. With these permissions, you are able to activate Cortex XDR tenants, create new roles, and assign permissions to users allocated to your tenant.The Cortex XDR Gateway displays tenantsAvailable for ActivationandAvailable Tenants.In theAvailable for Activationsection, you can view all the tenants allocated to your CSP account that are ready for activation. You can review the tenant details, such as license type, number of endpoints, and purchase date.TheAvailable Tenantssection lists tenants that have already been activated. If you have more than one CSP account, the tenants are displayed according the CSP account name.
- In theAvailable for Activationsection, locate the tenant you want to activate according to the serial number andActivateto launch theTenant Activationwizard.
- In, ensure the tenant you want to activate is allocated to the correct CSP account. You can expandTenant ActivationSelect Support AccountCortex XDRandCortex Data Laketo view the tenants and Cortex Data Lake instances associated within the CSP account.If you manage multiple company CSP accounts, make sure you select the specific account to which you want to allocate the Cortex XDR tenant before proceeding with activation. Once activated, the tenant will be associated with the account and cannot be moved.
- In, define the following tenant details:Tenant ActivationDefine Tenant Settings
- Tenant Name—Give your Cortex XDR app instance an easily-recognizable name. Choose a name that is 59 or fewer characters and is unique across your company account.
- Region—Select a region in which you want to set up your Cortex Data Lake instance. If you selected an existing Cortex Data Lake instance, this field automatically displays the region in which your Cortex Data Lake instance is deployed and cannot be changed.
- Tenant Subdomain—Give your Cortex XDR instance an easy to recognize name that is used to access the tenant directly using the full URL (https://<).subdomain>.xdr.<region>.paloaltonetworks.comNote this is a public FQDN, so be careful with sensitive information such as the company name.
- Activateyour tenant.Activation can take up to an hour. Cortex XDR send a notification to your email when the tenant has completed the activation process.
- SelectBack to main gatewayand in theAvailable Tenantsection, search for your tenant name. Hover over a tenant to display theTenant StatusandLicense Details. When the tenant displays anActivestatus, select the tenant name to confirm you can successfully access the Cortex XDR management console.
- Continue to assign user roles and permissions.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.