Set Up Directory Sync Service
Directory Sync Service is an optional service that enables you to leverage Active Directory user, group, and computer information in Cortex XDR apps to provide context when you investigate alerts. If you also use Traps for endpoint protection, you can use Active Directory information in policy configuration and endpoint management.
To use the Directory Sync Service:
- Activate and configure Directory Sync Service.See the Directory Sync Service Getting Started Guide for instructions.
- Pair the Directory Sync Service to Cortex XDR apps.
Pairing Directory Sync Service
After Directory Sync Service has been activated and configured, you must pair it with your Cortex XDR – Analytics instance. You can do this when you Activate Cortex XDR Apps. But if you didn't do that, then you can pair Directory Sync with Cortex XDR – Analytics afterwards:
- Log into the Cortex Hub.
- Click the gear in the upper-right corner.
- Locate the Directory Sync Service instance that you want
to use with Cortex XDR apps. Make a note of the instance's
name, which appears in the left-most column.If you have more than one instance, make sure you choose the instance that is in the same region as the Cortex Data Lake instance you are using with your apps.
- Scroll down until you find your Cortex XDR – Analytics instance. Click on its name in the left-most column.
- In the resulting pop-up configuration screen, select the Directory Sync Service instance that you located in Step 3.
- Repeat Steps 4 - 5 to pair the Directory Sync Service with Traps.
- Click OK to complete the pairing.
Configure Cortex XDR - Analytics to Use Directory Sync Service
Configure Cortex XDR - Analytics to Use Directory Sync Service After you activate and pair Cortex XDR apps with the Directory Sync Service, you must ...
Everything You Need to Configure Cortex XDR
Review the prerequisites for setting up Cortex XDR apps. ...
Activate Cortex XDR Apps
Activate Cortex XDR Apps Use the Palo Alto Networks Cortex Hub ( https://apps.paloaltonetworks.com ) to activate your Cortex XDR apps. This is a one-time task ...
Directory Sync Page
Tell Cortex XDR – Analytics which Active Directory domain to use when set up with the Directory Sync Service. ...
Cortex XDR Configuration Overview With Cortex XDR you can use a variety of sensors to integrate all your network, endpoint, and cloud data. For the ...
Set Up Cortex XDR
Set Up Cortex XDR Cortex XDR Configuration Overview Everything You Need to Configure Cortex XDR Review the prerequisites for setting up Cortex XDR apps. Manage ...
Set Up Cortex XDR – Analytics
Set Up Cortex XDR – Analytics Cortex XDR – Analytics analyzes data from a variety of network, endpoint, and cloud detection sources. For the most ...
Associate Directory Sync Instances with Palo Alto Networks Apps
Associate your Directory Sync instance with other Palo Alto Networks apps to allow them to reference your Active Directory data. ...