Set Up Traps
Also available with Cortex XDR are Traps agents and Traps management service. If you choose to use Traps to monitor and collect endpoint data instead of or in addition to Pathfinder, use this workflow to set up Traps management service. After you Activate Cortex XDR Apps and are assigned a role in Cortex hub, you can begin to set up Traps management service and get started with Traps.
- Verify the status of your Traps management service
- From the Cortex Hub, click the gear icon next to your name.
- In the Traps area, review the STATUS for
Traps management service tenant you just activated.When Traps management service tenant is available, the status changes to the green check mark.
- Enable access to Traps management service.
- Access your Traps management service tenant for the first
time.There are two ways to access your Traps management service tenant: Return to the Cortex Hub (https://apps.paloaltonetworks.com/) and select your tenant from Traps management service tile; or go directly to the web address for your tenant (https://<prefix>.traps.paloaltonetworks.com).
- Configure security profiles and assign them to your endpoints.Traps provides out-of-the box exploit and malware protection. However, at minimum, you must enable Data Collection in an Agent Settings profile to leverage Traps data in Cortex XDR apps.
- Install Traps on your endpoints.Data collection is available with Traps 6.0 and later releases and on endpoints running Windows 7 SP1 and later releases.
- If you haven’t done so already, allocate logging storage in Cortex Data Lake for Traps and Endpoint Data collection.
Activate the Traps Management Service
Activate the Traps Management Service After you purchase Traps licenses, you will receive an email with an Auth code that you can use to activate ...
Manage Logging Storage for Cortex XDR
Cortex XDR – Analytics licenses are based on Cortex Data Lake capacity. To view your licensed capacity, use the Customer Support Portal. ...
Features Introduced in 2019
Introducing new features in the Traps management service by month during 2019. ...
Cortex XDR Configuration Overview With Cortex XDR you can use a variety of sensors to integrate all your network, endpoint, and cloud data. For the ...
Traps Management Service
Traps Management Service As new malware variants pop up around the globe and new software bugs and vulnerabilities are discovered, it is challenging to ensure ...
Features Introduced in Traps Agent
Describes the new features introduced in Traps agent 6.0 releases. ...
About Traps Licenses
About Traps Licenses Before you can start using Traps management service to protect your endpoints, you must activate Traps management service and any additional services ...
Manage Logging Storage for Traps
Manage Logging Storage for Traps The Cortex Data Lake provides granular control over quota allocation for each type of log it receives. After you activate ...
Set Up Cortex XDR
Set Up Cortex XDR Cortex XDR Configuration Overview Everything You Need to Configure Cortex XDR Review the prerequisites for setting up Cortex XDR apps. Manage ...