Search and Filter Assets
Cortex Xpanse provides extensive filter and search capabilities for Assets.
Cortex Xpanse provides extensive filter and search capabilities for Assets. The filter and search options change based on the selected
Assetstab, for example, the IPs/CIDR search option is available on the
IP Rangestab, but is not available on the
Certificatestab. The filter bar at the top of each tab provides a search box and a drop-down box for each filter.
Cortex Xpanse supports the options listed below for searching assets on the
Inventorytab and asset type tabs. The search options that are available vary depending on the asset tab being searched. The
Contentsearch option searches the content in the asset data. The other search options (such as
Provider, etc) provide the same results as the corresponding drop-down filters.
- Content—Searches the content of key asset fields, such asNameandBusiness Unit.
- Asset Type—Applies theAsset Typefilter.
- Domain—Domain searches should be targeted searches. Specify the complete domain, such as www.acme.com, if possible. Domain search will also search on the name, such as acme, or a subset of the full domain, such as www.acme or acme.com. Domain search does not use boolean, such as AND, OR, and NOT, or wildcard, such as ? or *, operators.
- IPs/CIDR —Cortex Xpanse expects a valid IP or CIDR address, such as 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206/16. You may also search on an IP Address range, such as 220.127.116.11 - 18.104.22.168, or use a wildcard, such as 1.1.1.*.
- Issue Priority—Applies theIssue Priorityfilter.
- Provider—Applies theProviderfilter.
- Tag—Applies theTagfilter.
- Has Service—Applies theHas Servicefilter.
- Has Issue—Applies theHas Issuefilter.
- Network Type—Applies theNetwork Typefilter.
- Device Type—Applies theDevice Typefilter.
- Status—Applies theStatusfilter.
Cortex® Xpanse™ supports the following filters for filtering assets on the
Inventorytab and asset type tabs. The filters options that are available vary depending on the tab. To apply a filter, select one or more filter options from the drop-down box and then click
- Advertises—Cortex® Xpanse™ will find Internet services advertising certificates. There are two options for this filter,yesandno.
- Analysis—When Cortex Xpanse analyzes a certificate, there are multiple characteristics checked. The current list isExpired,Healthy,Self-signed,Domain-control validated,Wildcard,Insecure Signature,Short Public Key, andLong Expiration.
- Asset Type—Filters on one or more of the selected asset types.
- Business Unit—Cortex Xpanse provides a filter bar to specify business unit names. You may also select one or more business units from the list of business units in the Cortex Xpanse database.
- Has Issue—Filters by whether or not the asset is associated with an active issue.
- Has Related Managed Cloud Resources—When certificates and domains are associated with managed cloud resources, the certificate or domainhas related managed cloud resources. Like the advertises filter, this filter has two options,yes, andno. When done selecting ahas related managed cloud resourcesstatus, selectApplyto activate the filter.
- Has Service—When a certificate, domain, or managed cloud resource is associated with Service Assets, the assethas service. This filter has two options,yes, andno.
- Issue Priority—Filters on the priority of the issues associated with the asset.
- Network Type—Filters onCorporate,Remote, orAll Network Types. A network is a collection of devices sharing a single IP address. Cortex Xpanse categorizes networks as either "Corporate" or "Remote" depending on whether the IP address of the network overlaps with any of your other assets in Cortex Xpanse or has no known association with your organization.
- Provider—Search the list of providers or select one or more providers in the drop-down list.
- Resolves—Cortex Xpanse will resolve domain names. There are two options for this filter:yesandno. Yes means the domain has resolved in the past 30 days.
- Source—Filters based on how the assets were found. The source indicates that the assets were discovered by Xpanse or provided manually, while the other sources (Prisma Cloud, Prisma Access, Strata GlobalProtect, Cortex XDR) are all integrations that can generate additional assets in your inventory.
- Status—Filters based on whether we believe the asset is active or not. Some assets, such as networks and certificates can be inactive based on a lack of observations. Available values are Active and Inactive.
- Tag—Search for a specific tag, or select one or more tags from the list of tags in the Cortex Xpanse database. Note that tags are not case sensitive.
- Time Period filter—To filter on the time since last observation, Cortex Xpanse provides the following time periods:7 days,2 weeks,1 month,6 months,1 year, andAll. You can only select one time period.
- View by Use Case—Some of the most commonly used filter combinations.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.