Install Additional App Servers
Install additional app servers for a Cortex XSOAR high availability configuration.
To implement a full high availability configuration, you must install additional app servers.
- Install a load balancer or configure a round-robin DNS server if you are using one.Cortex XSOAR recommends you use a load balancer or round-robin DNS server to ensure proper high availability and avoid having a single point of failure for certain components, such as engines, communication tasks, and usage of the API.
- In Cortex XSOAR, navigate to.SettingsAboutTroubleshooting
- In the Server Configuration section, enter the external host name in the External Host Name configuration key. This is the Cortex XSOAR address registered in the load balancer or DNS.
- Configure a shared directory, using the network file sharing solution of your choice, on each Cortex XSOAR app server. Make sure that the /var/lib/demisto directory is configured as a shared folder.If you are using a location that is different from the default /var/lib/demisto, you must install the additional app servers using the -data-dir flag. For the existing app server, follow the instructions here: Move Data Folders to Another Location on the Server.
- Install additional Cortex XSOAR app servers using the following command:sudo ./demistoserver-X.sh -- -elasticsearch-url=http://elasticsearch-host:9200 -elasticsearch-username=<elasticUsername> -elasticsearch-password=<elasticUserPassword> -cluster-address=<internal-app-server-address>If you are installing the app servers in a multi-tenant deployment, you must add the -multi-tenant flag to the command above.ParameterDescriptiondemistoserver-XThe name of the Cortex XSOAR installer, where X is the version and build number.elasticsearch-urlURL for the Elasticsearch DB (including prefix http/https and port).elasticsearch-usernameUsername in Elasticsearch.elasticsearch-passwordPassword for the Elasticsearch database user.cluster-addressThe app server’s internal address to be used for in cluster communication. Other app servers use this address to communicate with this specific Cortex XSOAR instance.temp-folder="filepath/tmp"In the shared file system for a high availability environment, the temp directory must be local and not shared.haVerifies user has set up data-dir correctly as a shared folder for high availability, before installing Cortex XSOAR. Confirms demisto user and group exist, demisto user is in the demisto group, data-dir (default path: /var/lib/demisto) exists, and data-dir is owned by user demisto and group demisto.data-dir(Optional) The directory that is shared by all app servers in the cluster. Default: /var/lib/demisto.y(Optional) The flag that completes the installation silently by answering yes to the remaining installation questions. Default settings are applied where applicable, and the EULA is automatically accepted.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.