War Room Overview
Use the Cortex XSOAR War Room for real-time investigation into an incident, to filter war room entries, and to disable indicator notifications.
Within Cortex XSOAR, real-time investigation is facilitated through the War Room, which is powered by ChatOps and helps analysts to do the following:
- Run real-time security actions through the CLI, without switching consoles.
- Run security playbooks, scripts and commands.
- Collaborate and execute remote actions across integrated products.
- Capture incident context from different sources.
- Document all actions in one source.
- Converse with others for joint investigations.
Cortex XSOAR also provides machine learning insights to suggest the most effective analysts and command-sets. Each incident has a unique War Room.
When you open the War Room, you can see an number of entries such as commands, notes, evidence, tasks, etc, in several formats such as Markdown, HTML and so on. When Markdown, HTML or geographical information is received the content is displayed in the relevant format.
You can do the following actions for each artifact entry.
You can edit, format or delete your own entries. If an entry has been changed, a History link will appear where you can view all changes to the entry.
Mark as Evidence
Opens the Mark as evidence window where you specify the evidence details to be saved in the Evidence Board. The Evidence Board stores key artifacts for current and future analysis. You can add evidence in
Case Infotab, the
Evidence Board, or the
Mark as note
Marks the incident as note. Notes can help the analyst understand why certain action was taken and assists future decisions. You can add them also in the
View artifact in new tab
Opens a new tab for the artifact.
Detach from task
Removes a task from the artifact.
Attach to a task
Adds a task to the artifact.
Downloads an artifact according to the entry type, such txt files for text, json for a JSON entry, etc.
Add any relevant tags to use, which helps you find relevant information.
You can run various commands in the CLI, by typing the following:
- !: Integration commands, automations, and built-in commands. For example, add evidence, assign an analyst, etc.
- /: System commands/operations. For example, add notes, close an investigation, etc.
- @: User tagging. Send notifications to administrators, teams, analysts, etc.
You can edit incidents, create a report, add child incidents, and so on, as described in Incident Actions.
You can filter entries by clicking . You can add any filter by selecting the checkbox or click to remove that action. The filter menu contains three types of War Room entities by which you can filter:
Use the And/Or toggles between the Actions, Tags and From sections.
- And: Use to combine two or more filters.
- Or: When one item is found it shows relevant entries.
You can save the filter by clicking
Add. You can also retrieve
You can disable War Room notifications for related indicators. Go to
and add the following server configuration:
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.