Create and Upload an Encrypted EDM Data to the DLP Cloud
Service in Interactive Mode
Use the Exact Data Matching (EDM) CLI application in Interactive mode to create and upload an EDM data set in CSV or TSV format to the DLP cloud service.
Upload an encrypted hash Exact Data Matching (EDM) data set to the DLP cloud service using the EDM CLI application in Interactive mode to successfully create an EDM filtering profile. In Interactive Mode, you must specify the EDM data set path for upload and configure the upload parameters directly through the EDM CLI application.
- When uploading an EDM data set to the DLP cloud service using Interactive mode, you only need to create an access token in the DLP app on the hub to successfully upload an EDM data set to the DLP cloud service. You do not need to configure the rest of theupload_config.propertiesfile.
- Review the Supported EDM Data Set Formats and prepare the EDM data set for upload to the DLP cloud service.
- Enter Interactive mode in the EDM CLI application to begin the EDM data set upload.
- Open the terminal and navigate to thepackage-edm-secure-cli-<version>-<platform>directory where the EDM CLI application is located.
- Enter Interactive mode in the EDM CLI application.
Entering this commands begin the interactive upload process for EDM data sets to the DLP cloud service.
- Windowsadmin:edm-secure-cli.bat interactive
- Linuxadmin:./edm-secure-cli.sh interactive
- Enter the path of the EDM data set for upload.
- Enter the delimiter used to specify boundaries between values in the EDM data set.The “,” and “tab (t) delimiters are supported for CSV or TSV files. The EDM CLI application uses the delimiter “,” by default. The EDM data set may only use one delimiter.
- Enter the EDM data set file encoding method.
- Enter the error threshold percentage for the EDM data set.A secured version of the EDM data set is not created if the DLP cloud service encounters errors exceeding the specified error threshold percentage.
- Specify whether the EDM data set has a header row.
- Specify whether the EDM CLI application should abort the EDM data set upload if the EDM data set includes more than the maximum number of cells supported.Entertrueto upload the maximum number of data set cells supported.Enterfalseto abort EDM CLI application if the EDM data set has more than the maximum number of data set cells supported.
- Enter the number of columns in your EDM data set.This step is required to accurately map your CSV or TSV columns to the supported data types to allow the DLP cloud service to accurately ingest your EDM data set.
- Map your columns using the supported Data Types Value to accurately map each column in your EDM data set to a specific Data Type.The EMD CLI application presents a table with each Data Type Name and the corresponding Data Type Value. You can also view this table in theREADME.txtfile packaged with the EDM CLI application.When you create and EDM filtering profile, you are required to add at least one column where the column values occurs up to 12 times in the selected EDM data set for thePrimary Field.When mapping your columns to a specific Data Type, be sure to include at least one column with up to 12 occurrences across the entire EDM data set. Otherwise, the DLP cloud service is unable to match traffic against the EDM data filtering profile you create using this EDM data set.
- Specify whether to upload the EDM data set to the DLP cloud service. Enteryto continue uploading the EDM data set ornto upload the EDM data set at a later time.Enteringncreates a secured copy of the EDM data set in thepackage-edm-secure-cli-<version>-<platform>directory for you to review.You can skip the remaining steps below and Upload an Encrypted EDM Data Set to the DLP Cloud Service at a later time.
- Enteryto create a new EDM data set and enter the data set name.If you enternand are uploading to the DLP cloud service, you are still prompted to enter an EDM data set name. This updates the existing EDM data set you previously uploaded to the DLP cloud service.
- Add the access token and refresh token you created.
- (Proxy server only) When prompted, enteryif the local device from which you are uploading requires a proxy server to connect to the internet.You are required to provide the following information for your proxy server.
- Proxy hostname
- Proxy port number
- Proxy username
- Proxy password
- EnterYoryto confirm the EDM data set upload configuration is correct and begin uploading to the DLP cloud service.A secured copy of the EDM data set specified is created in thepackage-edm-secure-cli-<version>-<platform>. In the directory, a new folder is created with the name of the EDM data set you appended with the date and time it was created. Inside this folder is the encryptedoutput.zipfile containing your EDM data set that is uploaded to the DLP cloud service.A progress bar and success message is displayed to notify you whether the upload is successful.
- Monitor the upload status on the DLP app on the hub.The time it takes for an EDM data set uploaded to DLP cloud service to be available on the DLP app depends on the EDM data set size and internet connectivity speed. For example, a 4GB EDM data set upload typically takes about 30 minutes to display in the DLP app and be usable in an EDM filtering profile.
- Log in to the DLP app on the hub.
- Selectand locate the uploaded EDM data set.Detection MethodsExact Data Matching
- The EDM data set upload is complete when theIndexing Statuscolumn displaysComplete.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.