Set Up the EDM CLI Application
Download the secure Exact Data Matching (EDM) CLI application on your local Windows or Linux device.
The Exact Data Matching (EDM) CLI application is a secure CLI tool used to upload hash encrypted EDM data sets to the DLP cloud service. The EDM CLI application accepts a source file in CSV or TSV format. The EDM CLI application then generates an encrypted hash EDM data set with AES-256 encryption of the source file which is saved as zip file that can be uploaded to the DLP cloud service. The EDM CLI application applies a one-way hash to each field in the CSV or TSV file that are then encoded in Base64. After securing the file, the EDM CLI application generates a zip file containing the secured data set.
The EDM CLI application is supported on Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems such as Ubuntu, Debian, and CentOS.
The EDM CLI application is downloaded from the DLP app on the hub and includes the following:
- README.TXT—Quick overview of the EDM CLI application functionality, including descriptions of data types and column values.
- edm-secure-cli-<version>.jar—The executable Java application.
- config.properties—Configuration file you can pre-populate to upload a file to the DLP cloud service.
- upload_config.properties—Configuration file for the connectivity settings to connect to the DLP cloud service.
- lib—Directory containing all the dependency libraries required by the EDM Secure CLI application.
- log4j2.xml—Configuration files for debugging and logging.
- sample_dataset.csv—Sample CSV file you can use a template for upload to the DLP cloud service.
- (Windows)edm-secure-cli.bat—Windows batch file used to create and upload an EDM data set to the DLP cloud service.(Linux)edm-secure-cli.sh—Bash script used to create and upload an EDM data set to the DLP cloud service.
- Enable EDM.It may take up to 24 hours for Palo Alto Networks to enable EDM functionality for your DLP app.Continue to the next step after Palo Alto Networks has successfully enabled EDM for your DLP app. You can verify that EDM is enabled when have the ability to download the EDM CLI application to your local device.
- Select.Detection MethodsExact Data Matching
- Request Enablement.
- When prompted, clickSend Requestto confirm your request to enable EDM.
- The DLP app on the hub displaysEnable Request Sentwhile your enablement request is pending.
- Download the EDM CLI application.The entire contents of the EDM CLI application are downloaded as a .zip file.
- Selectand expand theDetection MethodsExact Data MatchingEDM Setup Guide.
- ClickDownload CLI ToolandDownloadthe latest version of the EDM CLI application.SelectWindows 64-bitif you are installing the EDM CLI application on a Microsoft Windows device.SelectLinux 64-bitif you are installing the EDM CLI application on a Linux device.
- (Optional) Create a new folder for EDM on your local device.The EDM CLI application generates secured versions of all EDM data sets uploaded to the DLP cloud service and logs for EDM CLI application activity. As a best practice, create a folder just for the EDM CLI application to contain all EDM-specific files to a single folder.Refer to the documentation for Microsoft Windows or your specific Linux OS for more information on creating a new folder.
- Extract the EDM zip file contents.
- On your local device, navigate to the downloadedpackage-edm-secure-cli-<version>-<platform>.zipfile.
- Right-click thepackage-edm-secure-cli-<version>-<platform>.zipfile and clickExtract To.
- Select a folder andExtract.(Best Practices) Select the folder you created for your EDM CLI application files.
- Verify the extracted .zip file contains all the required EDM CLI application files.
- Install Java on your local device.JRE or JDK version 1.8 or higher is required to run the EDM CLI application.
- Open the terminal and view the Java version currently installed.admin:java -version
- Install the latest version of Java.Skip this step if the Java version is 1.8 or higher. Refer to the Microsoft Windows or your Linux OS documentation for the command to install the latest version of Java.
- (Linux only) Make the EDM CLI application script readable, writable, and executable.
- Navigate to the directory where the EDM CLI application .zip contents were extracted.In this example, thepackage-edm-secure-cli-<version>-<platform>.zipcontents were extracted to theEDMdirectory.
- Make the EDM CLI application script readable, writable, and executable.admin:chmod 777 ./edm-secure-cli.sh
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.