Create a Data Profile on the DLP App
Create and configure an Enterprise data loss prevention (DLP) data profile on the DLP app on the hub.
After you create a data pattern on Panorama or the DLP app on the hub, create a data profile to add multiple data patterns and specify matches and confidence levels. All predefined and custom data profiles are available across all device groups. Custom data profiles created in the DLP app that contain no EDM dataset patterns are viewable and can be modified on Panorama, Prisma Access (Panorama Managed), Prisma Access (Cloud Managed), Prisma SaaS, and the DLP app on the hub. Viewing a data profile created on the DLP on Panorama requires Panorama plugin for Enterprise DLP 1.0.4 or later release.
When you create a data profile using predefined data patterns, be sure to consider the detection types used by the predefined data patterns because the detection type determines how Enterprise data loss prevention (DLP) arrives at a verdict for scanned files. For example, when you create a data profile that includes three machine learning (ML)-based data patterns and seven regex-based data patterns, Enterprise DLP will return verdicts based on the seven regex-based patterns whenever the scanned file exceeds 1MB.
Updating a data profile to include an EDM dataset is not supported if the data profile did not include an EDM dataset when it was initially created.
If you want to create a data profile that combines a predefined or custom data pattern and an EDM dataset, see Create a Data Profile with Data Patterns and EDM Datasets on the DLP App.
- Select.Data ProfilesAdd Data ProfileWith Data Patterns onlyYou can also create a new data profile by copying an existing data profile. This allows you to quickly modify an existing data profile with additional match criteria while preserving the original data profile from which the new data profile was copied.Data profiles created by copying an existing data profile are appended withCopy - <name_of_original_data_profile>. This name can be edited as needed.Adding an EDM dataset to a copied data profile is supported only if the original data profile had an EDM dataset to begin with. Adding an EDM dataset to a data profile that does not already have an EDM dataset is not supported.
- Configure the Primary Rule for the data profile.Data pattern match criteria for traffic that you want to allow must be added to the Primary Rule. Data pattern match criteria for traffic that you want to block can be added to either Primary Rule or Secondary Rule.
- Enter a descriptiveData Profile Name.
- For the Primary Rule,Add RuleandAdd Data Pattern.
- Configure the data pattern conditions as needed.
- Select the operator for data pattern.
- Data Pattern—Select a custom or predefined data pattern.
- Occurrences—Specify the occurrences required to trigger a Security policy rule action.
- Confidence—Specify the confidence level required for a Security policy rule action to be taken (Low,Medium, orHigh)
- (Optional)Add Data Pattern Groupto add additional data pattern conditions usingANDorORoperators to the Primary Rule.Refer to the descriptions above to configure any additional data pattern conditions as needed.
- (Optional) Configure a Secondary Rule.Data pattern match criteria added to the Secondary Rule block all traffic that meet the match criteria for the data patterns by default and cannot be modified. If you want to allow traffic that matches a data pattern match criteria, add it to the Primary Rule.
- Review theData Profile Previewto verify the data profile match criteria.
- Verify that the data profile you created.
- Prisma Access (Cloud Managed)
- Selectand search for the data profile you created.ManageConfigurationSecurity ServicesData Loss Prevention
- Panorama and Prisma Access (Panorama Managed)See Update a Data Filtering Profile on Panorama for more information on which data profile settings are editable on Panorama for a data profile created on Prisma Access (Cloud Managed).
- Selectand navigate to the data profile you created.ObjectsDLPData Filtering Profiles
- (Optional) Edit the data profile Action to block traffic.The Action for a data profile created on the Prisma Access (Cloud Managed) is configured toAlertby default.If the data profile has both Primary and Secondary Patterns, changing the data profile Action on Panorama deletes all Secondary Pattern match criteria.
- Select the data profile created on Prisma Access (Cloud Managed).
- Set the data profile Action toBlocktraffic that matches the data profile match criteria.
- SelectandCommitCommit to PanoramaCommit.
- SelectandCommitPush to DevicesEdit Selections.
- SelectDevice GroupsandInclude Device and Network Templates.
- Pushyour configuration changes to your managed firewalls that are leveraging Enterprise DLP.
- Attach the data profile to a Security policy rule.
- Panorama and Prisma Access (Panorama Managed)
- Selectand specify thePoliciesSecurityDevice Group.
- Select the Security policy rule to which you want to add the data profile.
- SelectActionsand set theProfile TypetoProfiles.
- Select theData Filteringprofile you created.
- SelectCommitandCommit and Push.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.