Create a Data Profile with EDM Data Sets on Cloud Management
Enterprise data loss prevention (DLP)data profile using Exact Data Matching (EDM) data sets on
Prisma Access (Cloud Management).
Create a data profile with Exact Data Matching (EDM) data sets on
Cloud Management. Data profiles with EDM data sets created on
Cloud Managementare automatically synchronized with your Panorama™ management server so you can use the data profile in your Security policy rules. In order for the DLP cloud service to render a match verdict using on the data profile, scanned files containing primary and secondary field values must be within 100 character of each other. Otherwise, the DLP cloud service is unable to render a match verdict. Data profiles with EDM data sets created on
Cloud Managementare viewable on Panorama, Prisma Access (Panorama Managed), Cloud Management, and the DLP app on the hub. Viewing a data profile created on
Cloud Managementon Panorama requires Panorama plugin for
Enterprise DLP1.0.4 or later release.
After you set up the EDM CLI application and configure connectivity to the DLP cloud service, you must upload an encrypted EDM data set to the DLP cloud service using a configuration file or in Interactive mode before you can create a data profile with EDM data sets.
Updating a data profile to include only data patterns isn’t supported if the data profile includes at least one EDM data set when it was initially created. However, update a data profile that includes only EDM data sets to include data patterns is supported.
See Create a Data Profile on Cloud Management to create a data profile containing only predefined or custom data patterns.
- SelectandManageConfigurationSecurity ServicesData Loss PreventionData Profiles.Add Data ProfileWith EDM or a combination of EDM and Data PatternsYou can also create a new data profile by copying an existing data profile. This allows you to modify an existing data profile with additional match criteria while preserving the original data profile from which the new data profile was copied.Data profiles created by copying an existing data profile are appended withCopy - <name_of_original_data_profile>. This name can be edited as needed.Adding an EDM data set to a copied data profile is supported only if the original data profile had an EDM data set to begin with. Adding an EDM data set to a data profile that doesn’t already have an EDM data set isn’t supported.
- Create the Primary Rule for the data profile.
- Enter a descriptiveData Profile Name.
- Select the match criteria operator (ANDorOR).
- EDM Dataset.
- Define the match criteria.
- EDM Dataset—Select an EDM data set uploaded to the DLP cloud service.
- Occurrence Condition—Specify the occurrences condition required to trigger a Security policy rule action.
- Any—Security policy rule action triggered ifEnterprise DLPdetects at least one instance of matched traffic.
- Less than or equal to—Security policy rule action triggered ifEnterprise DLPdetects instances of matched traffic, with the maximum being the specifiedCount.
- More than or equal to—Security policy rule action triggered ifEnterprise DLPdetects instances of matched traffic, with a minimum being the specifiedCount.
- Between (inclusive)—Security policy rule action triggered ifEnterprise DLPdetects any number of instances of matched traffic between the specificCountrange.
- Count—Specify the number of instances of matched traffic required to trigger a Security policy rule action. Range is1-500.For example, to match a pattern that appears three or more times in a file, selectMore than or equal toas theOccurrence Conditionand specify3as theThreshold.
- Configure thePrimary Fieldvalues.
- Configure whether a Security policy rule action is taken ifAny (OR)orAll (AND)primary fields are matched and ifAny (OR)orAll (AND)secondary fields are matched.
- (Any(OR) only) Enter theCountto specify the number of instances of matched traffic required to trigger a Security policy rule action. Range is1-500.When you selectAny (OR), the maximumCountsetting is one less than the total number of fields included in thePrimary FieldorSecondary Field.
- The list of available values is populated from the selected EDM data set. You must select at least one primary field value.Select thePrimary Fieldsvalues.You’re required to add at least one column where the column values occurs up to 12 times in the selected EDM data set for thePrimary Field. For example, if the EDM data set contains columns for first name, last name, social security number, and credit card number, add social security number and credit card in the primary field.
- (Optional) Select theSecondary Fieldvalues.The list of available fields is populated from the selected EDM data set.For the best results for exact data matching, include any columns that could be repeated in the secondary field. For example, if the EDM data set contains columns for first name, last name, social security number, and credit card number, add first name and last name in the secondary field.
- (Optional)Add EDM Datasetto add additional data pattern conditions.Refer to the descriptions above to configure any additional data pattern conditions as needed.
- (Optional)Add Groupto nest additional match criteria for an EDM data set so you can more accurately define your compliance rules.When you clickAdd Group, the new match criteria group is nested under the most recently added EDM data set. You can’t nest a new match criteria group between existing EDM data sets. If multiple EDM data sets are added, you must remove the EDM data sets that follow the EDM data set for which you want to add the nested match criteria. For example, you addedEDM_Dataset1,EDM_Dataset2, andEDM_Dataset3to the Primary Rule. If you wanted to added nested match criteria toEDM_Dataset2, you must first removeEDM_Dataset3from the Primary Rule.You can select the same EDM data set or a different EDM data set to more accurately define your compliance rules. Nesting match criteria is supported only when the data profile includes an EDM data set.Enterprise DLPsupports up to three level of additional nesting groups for each EDM data set. You can nest additional EDM data sets under an EDM data set added to the Primary or Secondary Rule.Nested match criteria support theAND,OR, andNOToperators. Refer to the descriptions above to configure the nested match criteria.
- (Optional) Configure a Secondary Rule for the data profile.Data pattern match criteria added to the Secondary Rule block all traffic that meets the match criteria for the data pattern conditions. If you want to allow traffic that matches a data pattern match criteria, add it to the Primary Rule.
- Review theData Profile Previewto verify the data profile match criteria.
- Savethe data profile.After you save the data profile, it’s viewable on Panorama, Prisma Access (Panorama Managed), Cloud Management, and the DLP app.
- Verify that the data profile you created.
- DLP App on the hub—Log in to the DLP app on the hub as a Superuser and selectData Profilesto view the data profile you created.
- Cloud Management
- Selectand search for the data profile you created.ManageConfigurationSecurity ServicesData Loss Prevention
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.