Configure Cloud Storage on Microsoft Azure for Panorama
Configure cloud storage on Microsoft Azure to save evidence for investigative analysis with Enterprise data loss prevention (DLP) on the DLP app on the hub for Next-Gen Firewalls and Prisma Access (Panorama Managed).
To store your files scanned by the DLP cloud service, you must create an storage account and Identity and Access Management (IAM) role that allows the DLP cloud service access to automatically store files. Files uploaded to your storage account are automatically named using a unique Report ID for each file. The Report ID is used to search and download specific files for more in depth investigation.
In case of connection issues to your storage account due to configuration error or change in settings, an email is automatically generated and sent to the admin that originally connected the DLP app to the storage bucket and to the user who last modified the storage account connection settings on the DLP app. This email is sent out every 48 hours until the connection is restored.
Files that are scanned by the DLP cloud service while the DLP app is disconnected from your storage account cannot be stored and are lost. This means that all impacted files are not available for download. However, all snippet data is preserved and can still be viewed on the DLP app on the hub.
File storage automatically resumes after the connection status is restored.
- Log into the Microsoft Azure portal as an administrator.Administrator level privileges are required to successfully add the Enterprise DLP evidence storage application using Cloud Shell and to configure access to the storage account to enable file uploads by the DLP cloud service to save files for evidence analysis.
- (Optional) From the portal menu, selectStorage groupsandCreatea new storage group.You can also search forstorage groups.The storage group is required to associate the storage account you create next for storing matched files.Skip this step if you have an existing resource group that you want to associate with the storage account.
- From the portal menu, selectStorage accountsandCreatea new storage account.You can also search forstorage accounts.
- Obtain the App ID, Tenant ID, and blob service endpoint URL.This information is required to add the Palo Alto Networks Enterprise DLP application to your Microsoft Azure tenant and to configure connectivity to the DLP cloud service.
- Palo Alto Networks Enterprise DLP App ID- 65def4b7-bae6-4bff-ab73-63fe8c9a3c8dThe Palo Alto Networks Enterprise DLP app ID can be found in the DLP app on the hub ().SettingsSensitive DataConfigure BucketAzure
- Obtain your Tenant ID.
- From the portal menu, selectAzure Active Directory.You can also search forazure active directory.
- In the Basic Information section, copy theTenant ID.
- Obtain the blob service endpoint URL.
- From the portal menu, selectStorage accountsand select the storage account you will use to save files for evidence analysis.
- Selectand copy theSettingsEndpointsBlock serviceendpoint URL.
- Add the Palo Alto Networks Enterprise DLP application.
- OpenCloud Shell.Click the Cloud Shell icon located in the top-right corner of the Microsoft Azure portal.
- Add the Palo Alto Networks Enterprise DLP application.Connect-AzureAD -TenantID <Your_Tenant_ID>New-AzureADServicePrincipal -AppId 65def4b7-bae6-4bff-ab73-63fe8c9a3c8dIt may take a few minutes for Microsoft Azure to add a new application to your Azure tenant.
- Close the Cloud Shell.
- Search for and selectEnterprise applications.
- For the Application type, selectAll applications.
- Search for thePalo Alto Networks Enterprise DLPapplication name to verify you successfully added the application.
- Configure permissions for the Palo Alto Networks Enterprise DLP application.
- Select thePalo Alto Networks Enterprise DLPapplication name.
- SelectandSecurityPermissionsGrant Admin consent.
- Select the administrator email in the Microsoft login prompt that is displayed.
- Acceptthe permissions request to allow the Palo Alto Networks Enterprise DLP application to view your Azure storage accounts .It may take a few minutes for the permissions to be successfully granted to the Palo Alto Networks Enterprise DLP application.You still need to grant the Palo Alto Networks Enterprise DLP application permission to write to a specific storage account.
- Verify that theAzure StorageandMicrosoft GraphAPI names are displayed in the Admin consent section.
- From the portal menu, selectStorage accountsand select the storage account you want to use to save files for evidence analysis.
- Selectand clickAccess Control (IAM)AddAdd Role AssignmentStorage Blob Data OwnerNext.
- Select to assign access toUser, group, or service principleandselect members.
- Search and select thePalo Alto Networks Enterprise DLPapplication andSelectthe application.
- Review + assignto allow the Palo Alto Networks Enterprise DLP application to write to the storage account.It can take up to 10 minutes for the write permissions to be successfully granted to the Palo Alto Networks Enterprise DLP application.
- Configure the storage bucket for evidence file storage.
- Log in to the DLP app on the hub.If you do not already have access to the DLP app on the hub, see the hub Getting Started Guide. Only Superusers can access the hub.Access to evidence storage settings and files on the hub is allowed only for an account administrator or app administrator roles with a valid Enterprise DLP license associated with that support account. This is to ensure that only the appropriate users have access to report data and evidence.
- Selectand selectSettingsSensitive Dataas the Public Cloud Storage Bucket.Configure BucketAzure
- SelectInput Bucket Details.
- Enter Microsoft Azure Tenant ID.
- Enter the Storage Endpoint.This is the blob service endpoint URL that you gathered for the storage account.
- Connectthe storage account and the DLP cloud service.
- View theConnection Statusto verify that the DLP cloud service successfully connected to the storage account.Saveif the DLP app can successfully connect to your resource group. Aconnectiontestfile is uploaded to your storage account by the DLP cloud service to verify connectivity.If the DLP app cannot successfully connect to your resource group, selectPreviousand edit the connection settings.
- In the DLPSettings,Enable for NGFWto enable evidence storage for Next-Gen firewalls and Prisma Access (Panorama Managed).You can alsoEnable for Prisma Accessfrom the DLP app if you are leveraging Enterprise DLP on Prisma Access (Cloud Managed).You can only enable storage of sensitive files for platform for which you have activated the Enterprise DLP license. For example, you only have the option to enable evidence storage for Next-Generation Firewalls if you activated the Enterprise DLP license on Panorama.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.