Test the App Installation
Use the following procedure to test the GlobalProtect app installation.
- Create an agent configuration for testing the app installation.When initially installing the GlobalProtect app software on the endpoint, the end user must be logged in to the system using an account that has administrative privileges. Subsequent app software updates do not require administrative privileges.As a best practice, create an agent configuration that is limited to a small group of users, such as administrators in the IT department responsible for administering the firewall:
- Select an existing portal configuration that you want to modify orAdda new one
- On theAgenttab, select an existing configuration orAdda new one to deploy to the test users/group.
- On theUser/User Grouptab,AddtheUser/User Groupwho will be testing the app.
- On theApptab, setAllow User to Upgrade GlobalProtect ApptoAllow with Prompt. ClickOKto save the configuration.
- (Optional) On theAgenttab, select the agent configuration that you just created or modified, and then clickMove Upso that it is higher on the list than the more generic configurations you have created.When a GlobalProtect app connects, the portal compares the source information in the packet against the agent configurations you have defined. As with security rule evaluation, the portals looks for a match starting from the top of the list. When it finds a match, it delivers the corresponding configuration to the app.
- Committhe changes.
- Log in to the GlobalProtect portal.
- Launch your web browser and go to the following URL:https://<portal address or name>For example,https://gp.acme.com.
- On the portal login page, enter your userNameandPassword, and then clickLOG IN.
- Navigate to the app download page.In most cases, the app download page appears immediately after you log in to the portal. Use this page to download the latest app software package.If you have enabled GlobalProtect Clientless VPN access, the applications page opens after you log in to the portal (instead of the agent download page) when you log in to the portal. SelectGlobalProtect Agentto open the download page.
- Download the app.
- To begin the download, click the link that corresponds to the operating system running on your computer.
- Open the software installation file.
- When prompted to run or save the software, clickRun.
- When prompted, clickRunto launch the GlobalProtect Setup Wizard.When initially installing the GlobalProtect app software on the endpoint, the end user must be logged in to the system using an account that has administrative privileges. Subsequent app software updates do not require administrative privileges.
- Complete the GlobalProtect app setup.
- From the GlobalProtect Setup Wizard, clickNext.
- ClickNextto accept the default installation folder (C:\Program Files\Palo Alto Networks\GlobalProtect), or clickBrowseto select a new location and then clickNexttwice.
- After the installation is complete,Closethe wizard.
- Log in to GlobalProtect.
If authentication is successful, you are connected to your corporate network, and the status panel displays theConnectedorConnected - Internalstatus. If you set up a GlobalProtect welcome page, it displays after you log in successfully.
- Launch the GlobalProtect app by clicking the system tray icon. The status panel opens.
- Enter the FQDN or IP address of the portal, and then clickConnect.
- (Optional) By default, you are automatically connected to theBest Availablegateway, based on the configuration that the administrator defines and the response times of the available gateways. To connect to a different gateway, select the gateway from theGatewaydrop-down (for external gateways only).This option is only available if you enable manual gateway selection.
- (Optional) Depending on the connection mode, clickConnectto initiate the connection.
- (Optional) If prompted, enter yourUsernameandPassword, and then clickSign In.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.