About GlobalProtect Licenses
If you want to use GlobalProtect to provide a secure remote access or virtual private network (VPN) solution via single or multiple internal/external gateways, you do not need any GlobalProtect licenses. However, to use some of the more advanced features (such as HIP checks and associated content updates, support for the GlobalProtect mobile app, or IPv6 support) you must purchase an annual GlobalProtect subscription. This license must be installed on each firewall running a gateway(s) that:
- Performs HIP checks
- Supports the GlobalProtect app for mobile endpoints
- Supports the GlobalProtect app for Linux endpoints
- Supports the GlobalProtect app for IoT endpoints
- Provides IPv6 connections
- Split tunnels traffic based on the destination domain, application process name, or HTTP/HTTPS video streaming application.
- Supports adding a compromised device to the quarantine list.
- Supports identification of managed devices using the endpoint's serial number on gateways
For GlobalProtect Clientless VPN, you must also install a GlobalProtect subscription on the firewall that hosts the Clientless VPN from the GlobalProtect portal. You also need the
GlobalProtect Clientless VPNdynamic updates to use this feature.
Single external gateway (Windows and macOS)
Single or multiple internal gateways
Multiple external gateways
Identification of managed devices using the endpoint serial number on gateways
HIP-based policy enforcement based on the endpoint status
App for endpoints running Windows and macOS
Mobile app for endpoints running iOS, Android, Chrome OS, and Windows 10 UWP
App for endpoints running Linux
App for endpoints running IoT
IPv6 for external gateways
IPv6 for internal gateways
(change to default behavior—starting with GlobalProtect app 4.1.3, a GlobalProtect subscription is not required for this use case)
Split tunneling based on destination domain, client process, and video streaming application
Adding a compromised device to the quarantine list
See Activate Licenses for information on installing licenses on the firewall.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.