Use the GlobalProtect App for Chrome OS
Because Chrome OS does not allow third-party applications to launch automatically, you must manually initiate a connection each time you want to connect to your corporate network.
- If you are not connected to GlobalProtect, connect now.When connected to the VPN, the status area displays the VPN icon along the bottom of the Wi-Fi icon ( ). To view the portal to which you are connected, select the status area.If you are not connected, you will seeVPN disconnected.
- Click the status area at the bottom right corner of the Chromebook.
- SelectVPN disconnectedand then select the portal that you or your administrator entered when configuring the GlobalProtect VPN settings.To view VPN settings before connecting, select the portal from, and then clickSettingsPrivate networkConnect.
- If prompted, enter yourUsernameandPasswordfor the portal and clickConnect.
- If prompted, enter yourUsernameandPasswordfor the gateway and clickConnect. If your authentication is successful, you will be connected to your corporate network.
- Open the application.From the Chrome App Launcher, click the GlobalProtect icon to launch the app.
- Continue to use the app to perform any of the following tasks:
- View information about your network connection.GlobalProtect displays the following information about your network connection:
- Portal—Portal address or FQDN.
- Connection Information—Displays information about your connection, including the gateway to which you are connected.
- Errors/Warnings—Displays errors and warnings about your connection to help you troubleshoot any connection issues.
- Log in with a new password. If your password for accessing your corporate network changes, you will need to sign-out of GlobalProtect to clear your credentials.
- Click your username in the top-right corner and selectSign-Out. When you next log in, you must enter your credentials for the portal and gateway.
- Reset your VPN connection settings.
- If connected, selectDisconnect.
- Select the GlobalProtect menu ( ) and selectReset GlobalProtect.
- SelectYeswhen asked to confirm.
- Enter the IP address or FQDN of the portal supplied by your GlobalProtect administrator.
- Troubleshoot connection issues.Select the GlobalProtect menu ( ) and then select either of the following options:
- Notifications—Depending on how the administrator has configured GlobalProtect, you may be able to view notification messages which can include messages or instructions from the administrator.
- Collect Logs—By default, GlobalProtect creates debug logs to help troubleshoot issues should they arise. Select this option to package the debug logs into a ZIP file and send them to your IT help desk so that they can identify and resolve any issues.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.