User Experience Enhancements for Android
GlobalProtect app 5.0 for Android introduces user experience enhancements.
GlobalProtect app 5.0 for Android endpoints introduces the following user experience enhancements:
GlobalProtect app 5.0 introduces a more streamlined and seamless connection experience. The following sections describe the connection experience for first-time users, users with On-Demand mode, and users with Always On mode:
First-Time Connection Experience
End users must perform the following steps to establish a GlobalProtect connection on Android endpoints for the first time:
- Launch the GlobalProtect app.
- Enter the GlobalProtect portal address.
- (Optional) Depending on the connection mode, tapConnectto initiate the connection.
- (Optional) If your endpoint is unable to verify the identity of the GlobalProtect portal using the portal server certificate, theCannot Verify Server Identitymessage appears. If you trust the certificate, tapContinueto proceed with the connection.
- (Optional) If prompted, enter yourUsernameandPassword, and thenSIGN IN.
- When theConnection requestmessage appears, tapOKto allow GlobalProtect to set up a VPN connection on your endpoint.
- (Optional) If you are using multi-factor authentication, enter the GlobalProtect verificationCodethat is sent to your endpoint after you sign in, and then tapContinue.
- (Optional) If your administrator configures the GlobalProtect app to display a welcome message, the welcome message appears upon successful connection. Tap outside of the welcome message to proceed to the home screen.
- (Optional) If there are notifications on your app, the Notifications dialog appears upon successful connection. Close the Notifications dialog to proceed to the home screen.
- When the home screen appears, verify that your connection has established successfully. If the connection is successful, the home screen displays theCONNECTEDstate.
- (Optional) By default, the endpoint is automatically connected to theBest Availablegateway based on the configuration that the administrator defines and the response times of the available gateways. To connect to a different gateway, tap the gateway drop-down at the bottom of the home screen, and then select a gateway from the list (external gateways only).
On-Demand (Remote Access VPN) Connection Experience
When you configure GlobalProtect with the
), end users must launch the GlobalProtect app to initiate the connection manually. After the connection initiates, end users can
TAP TO CONNECTto establish the GlobalProtect connection. If you enable GlobalProtect to
Save User Credentials, the connection establishes without requiring further user interaction. If you do not enable GlobalProtect to
Save User Credentials, end users must sign in to establish the connection. To disconnect GlobalProtect, end users can
TAP TO DISCONNECT.
Always On Connection Experience
When you configure GlobalProtect with the
User-Logon (Always On)or
Pre-Logon (Always On)
), the connection initiates automatically. Depending on whether you configure the GlobalProtect app to
Save User Credentials(
), users can establish the GlobalProtect connection without launching the app. If you enable GlobalProtect to
Save User Credentials, the connection establishes automatically without requiring any user interaction. If you do not enable GlobalProtect to
Save User Credentials, end users must sign in through the app to establish the connection.
When the GlobalProtect app for Android endpoints is running in the background, error messages and alerts from the GlobalProtect app display on the endpoint as system notifications. If a notification requires user interaction (for example, if a user must re-enter their credentials after authentication fails), users can tap the system notification to open the GlobalProtect app and complete the interaction. Users can no longer provide inputs for GlobalProtect outside the app. In addition, users can tap a system notification to open the GlobalProtect app and view more details about the notification.
When users launch the GlobalProtect app, the app immediately displays all current GlobalProtect notifications (if available) on the Notifications dialog. If a user closes the Notifications dialog, he or she can tap the notification ( ) icon on the home screen to re-open the dialog. If the app has multiple notifications, users can swipe left or right to view each notification.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.