Disable the GlobalProtect App for Windows
If your administrator configures the GlobalProtect connect method as
Always On, you can disable the GlobalProtect app. For example, you might want to disable the app if the GlobalProtect virtual private network (VPN) is not working in a hotel, and the VPN failure prevents you from connecting to the internet. After disabling the GlobalProtect app, you can connect to the internet using unsecured communication (without a VPN).
The method, amount of time, and number of times for which you can disable the GlobalProtect app depends on how the administrator configures your GlobalProtect service (PanGPS). This configuration can prevent you from disabling the app entirely or allow you to disable the app only after responding to a challenge correctly.
If your configuration includes a challenge, the GlobalProtect app prompts you for one of the following:
- Reason you want to disable the app
- Ticket number
If the challenge requires a passcode or ticket number, we recommend that you contact a GlobalProtect administrator or Help Desk person by phone.
Administrators typically provide passcodes in advance, either through email (for new GlobalProtect users) or posted on your organization’s website. In response to an outage or system issue, administrators may also provide passcodes by phone.
Before you can obtain a valid ticket number, your endpoint displays a ticket request number that you must communicate to your GlobalProtect administrator or Help Desk person. If your disable request is approved, you will receive a valid ticket number that you can use to disable GlobalProtect.
The following steps describe how to disable the app and pass a challenge:
- Disable the GlobalProtect app.
TheDisableoption is visible only if your GlobalProtect agent configuration allows you to disable the app. If the configuration allows you disable the GlobalProtect app without requiring you to respond to a challenge, the GlobalProtect app closes without requiring further action.
- Launch the GlobalProtect app by clicking the GlobalProtect system tray icon. The status panel opens.
- Click the settings icon () to open the settings menu.
- Respond to one or more challenges, if required.If prompted, provide the following information:
- Reason—Your reason for disabling the GlobalProtect app.
- Passcode—A passcode that is typically provided by your administrator in advance, based on a known issue or event that requires you to disable the app.
- Ticket—If your configuration requires you to provide a ticket number, the GlobalProtect app displays an eight-character hexadecimal ticket request number as soon as you selectDisable. To disable the app with a ticket number, contact your administrator or Help Desk person (by phone) and provide the ticket request number. After approving your request, your administrator or Help Desk person provides you with an eight-character hexadecimal ticket number. Enter the ticket number in theTicketfield, and then clickOK.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.