Set Up Access to the GlobalProtect Portal
After you have completed the prerequisite tasks, configure the GlobalProtect Portal as follows:
- Add the portal.
- Select NetworkGlobalProtectPortals and click Add.
- On the General page, enter a Name for the portal. The name cannot contain spaces.
- (Optional) Select the virtual system to which this portal belongs from the Location field.
- Specify network settings to enable agents to communicate
with the portal.If you have not yet created the network interface for the portal, see Create Interfaces and Zones for GlobalProtect for instructions. If you have not yet created an SSL/TLS service profile for the portal, see Deploy Server Certificates to the GlobalProtect Components.Do not attach an interface management profile that allows HTTP, HTTPS, Telnet, or SSH on the interface where you have configured a GlobalProtect portal or gateway because this enables access to your management interface from the Internet. Follow the Best Practices for Securing Administrative Access to ensure that you are securing administrative access to your firewalls in a way that will prevent successful attacks.
- Select the Interface.
- Select the IP Address for the portal web service.
- Select an SSL/TLS Service Profile.
- Disable the login page entirely or choose your own login
page or help page. Although optional, a custom login or help page
lets you decide on the look and content of the pages. See Customize
the GlobalProtect Portal Login, Welcome, and Help Pages.
- Select the option to Disable login page to disable access to the GlobalProtect portal login page from a web browser.
- Choose a Custom Login Page for user access to the portal or import a new one.
- Choose a Custom Help Page to assist the user with GlobalProtect or import a new one.
- Specify how the portal authenticates the users.If you have not yet created a server certificate for the portal and issued gateway certificates, see Deploy Server Certificates to the GlobalProtect Components.On the GlobalProtect Portal Configuration dialog, select Authentication, and then configure any of the following:
- To secure communication between the portal and the agents, select the SSL/TLS Service Profile you configured for the portal.
- To authenticate users using a local user database or an external authentication service, such as LDAP, Kerberos, TACACS+, or RADIUS (including OTP), Define the GlobalProtect Client Authentication Configurations.
- Save the portal configuration.
- Click OK to save the settings and close the GlobalProtect Portal Configuration dialog.
- Commit the changes.
Network > GlobalProtect > Portals
Network > GlobalProtect > Portals Select Network > GlobalProtect > Portals to set up and manage a GlobalProtect™ portal. The portal provides the management functions ...
Configure the GlobalProtect Portal for LSVPN
Configure the GlobalProtect Portal for LSVPN The GlobalProtect portal provides the management functions for your GlobalProtect LSVPN. Every satellite system that participates in the LSVPN ...
GlobalProtect Certificate Best Practices
GlobalProtect Certificate Best Practices The following table summarizes the SSL/TLS certificates you will need, depending on which features you plan to use: GlobalProtect Certificate Requirements ...
Define the GlobalProtect Client Authentication Configuratio...
Define the GlobalProtect Client Authentication Configurations Each GlobalProtect client authentication configuration specifies the settings that enable the user to authenticate with the GlobalProtect portal. You ...
Configure GlobalProtect Gateways for LSVPN
Configure GlobalProtect Gateways for LSVPN Because the GlobalProtect configuration that the portal delivers to the satellites includes the list of gateways the satellite can connect ...
Enable Two-Factor Authentication Using One-Time Passwords (...
Enable Two-Factor Authentication Using One-Time Passwords (OTPs) Use this workflow to configure two-factor authentication using one-time passwords (OTPs) on the portal and gateways. When a ...
Customize the GlobalProtect Portal Login, Welcome, and Help...
Customize the GlobalProtect Portal Login, Welcome, and Help Pages GlobalProtect provides default login, welcome, and/or help pages. However, you can create your own custom pages ...
Configure a GlobalProtect Gateway
Configure a GlobalProtect gateway to enforce security policies and provide VPN access for your users. ...
Network > GlobalProtect > Gateways
Network > GlobalProtect > Gateways Select Network > GlobalProtect > Gateways to configure a GlobalProtect gateway. A gateway can provide VPN connections for GlobalProtect agents ...