Host Agent Updates on the Portal
The simplest way to deploy the GlobalProtect agent software is to download the new agent installation package to the firewall that is hosting your portal and then activate the software for download to the agents connecting to the portal. To do this automatically, the firewall must have a service route that enables it to access the Palo Alto Networks Update Server. If the firewall does not have access to the Internet, you can manually download the agent software package from the Palo Alto Networks Software Updates support site using an Internet-connected computer and then manually upload it to the firewall.
You must have a valid Palo Alto Networks account to log in to and download software from the Software Updates page. If you cannot log in and need assistance, go to https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/support/tabs/overview.html.
You define how the agent software updates are deployed in the agent configurations you define on the portal—whether they happen automatically when the agent connects to the portal, whether the user is prompted to upgrade the agent, or whether the end user can manually check for and download a new agent version. For details on creating an agent configuration, see Define the GlobalProtect Agent Configurations.
- Launch the web interface on the firewall hosting
the GlobalProtect portal and go to the GlobalProtect Client page.Select DeviceGlobalProtect Client.
- Check for
new agent software images.
You must have a valid Palo Alto Networks account to log in to and download software from the Software Updates page. If you cannot log in and need assistance, go to: https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/support/tabs/overview.html.
- If the firewall has access to the Update Server, click Check Now to check for the latest updates. If the value in the Action column is Download it indicates that an update is available.
- If the firewall does not have access to the Update Server, go to the Palo Alto Networks Software Updates support site and Download the file to your computer. Then go back to the firewall to manually Upload the file.
- Download the agent software image.If your firewall does not have internet access from the management port, you can download the agent update from the Palo Alto Networks Support Site.You can then manually Upload the update to your firewall and then activate Activate From File.Locate the agent version you want and then click Download. When the download completes, the value in the Action column changes to Activate.
- Activate the agent software image so that end users can
download it from the portal.Only one version of agent software image can be activated at a time. If you activate a new version, but have some agents that require a previously activated version, you will have to activate the required version again to enable it for download.
- If you downloaded the image automatically from the Update Server, click Activate.
- If you manually uploaded the image to the firewall, click Activate From File and then select the GlobalProtect Client File you uploaded from the drop-down. Click OK to activate the selected image. You may need to refresh the screen before the version displays as Currently Activated.
Device > GlobalProtect Client
Device > GlobalProtect Client The following topics describe how to set up and manage the Global Protect agent. What do you want to know? See: ...
Host Agent Updates on a Web Server
Host Agent Updates on a Web Server If you have a large number of endpoints that will need to install and/or update the GlobalProtect agent ...
Panorama > Device Deployment
Panorama > Device Deployment Select Panorama > Device Deployment to display current deployment information for the managed firewalls. They also enable you to manage software ...
Device > Software
Device > Software Device > Software Select Device > Software to view the available software releases, download or upload a release, install a release (a ...
Deploy an Update to Firewalls when Panorama is not Internet-connected
Deploy an Update to Firewalls when Panorama is not Internet-connected For a list of software and content updates you can install on firewalls, see Supported ...
Panorama > Software
Panorama > Software Use this page to manage Panorama software updates on the Panorama management server. Manage Panorama Software Updates Display Panorama Software Update Information ...
Device > Licenses
Device > Licenses Select Device > Licenses to activate licenses on all firewall platforms. When you purchase a subscription from Palo Alto Networks, you receive ...
Device > Dynamic Updates
Device > Dynamic Updates Device > Dynamic Updates Panorama > Dynamic Updates Palo Alto Networks regularly posts updates for application detection, threat protection, and GlobalProtect ...
Install Content and Software Updates for Panorama
Install Content and Software Updates for Panorama A valid support subscription enables access to the Panorama software image and release notes. To take advantage of ...