Test the Agent Installation
Use the following procedure to test the agent installation.
- Create an agent configuration for testing the agent installation.When initially installing the GlobalProtect agent software on the endpoint, the end user must be logged in to the system using an account that has administrative privileges. Subsequent agent software updates do not require administrative privileges.As a best practice, create an agent configuration that is limited to a small group of users, such as administrators in the IT department responsible for administering the firewall.
- Selectand select the portal configuration to edit.NetworkGlobalProtectPortals
- Select theAgenttab and either select an existing configuration orAdda new configuration to deploy to the test users/group.
- On theUser/User Grouptab, clickAddin the User/User Group section, select the user or group who will be testing the agent, and then clickOK.
- On theAgenttab, make sureAgent Upgradeis set topromptand then clickOKto save the configuration.
- (Optional) Select the agent configuration you just created/modified and clickMove Upso that it is before any more generic configurations you have created.
- Committhe changes.
- Log in to the GlobalProtect portal.
- Launch your web browser and go to the following URL:https://<portal address or name>For example,https://gp.acme.com.
- On the portal login page, enter your userNameandPasswordand then clickLogin.
- Download the agent.
- Click the link that corresponds to the operating system you are running on your computer to begin the download.
- When prompted to run or save the software, clickRun.
- When prompted, clickRunto launch the GlobalProtect Setup Wizard.When initially installing the GlobalProtect agent software on the endpoint, the end user must be logged in to the system using an account that has administrative privileges. Subsequent agent software updates do not require administrative privileges.
- Complete the GlobalProtect agent setup.
- From the GlobalProtect Setup Wizard, clickNext.
- ClickNextto accept the default installation folder (C:\Program Files\Palo Alto Networks\GlobalProtect) orBrowseto choose a new location and then clickNexttwice.
- After the installation successfully completes, clickClose. The GlobalProtect agent will automatically start.
- Log in to GlobalProtect.Enter the FQDN or IP address of thePortal, yourUsername, and yourPasswordand then clickConnect. If authentication is successful, the agent will connect to GlobalProtect. Use the agent to access resources on the corporate network as well as external resources, as defined in the corresponding security polices.To deploy the agent to end users, create agent configurations for the user groups for which you want to enable access and set theAgent Upgradesettings appropriately and then communicate the portal address. See Define the GlobalProtect Agent Configurations for details on setting up agent configurations.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.