Install the GlobalProtect App from the Chrome Web Store
You can install the GlobalProtect app on a Chromebook by downloading the app from the Chrome Web Store. As an alternative you can Deploy the GlobalProtect App Using the Chromebook Management Console.
- Create an agent configuration for testing the
app installation.As a best practice, create an agent configuration that is limited to a small group of users, such as administrators in the IT department and who responsible for administering the firewall.
- Select NetworkGlobalProtectPortals and select the portal configuration to edit.
- Select the Agent tab and either select an existing configuration or Add a new configuration to deploy to the test users/group.
- On the User/User Group tab, click Add in the User/User Group section and then select the user or group that will test the agent.
- In the OS area, select the app you are testing (Chrome) and click OK.
- (Optional) Select the agent configuration you just created or modified and click Move Up so that it is before any more generic configurations you have created.
- Commit the changes.
- Install the GlobalProtect app for Chrome OS.You can also force-install the app on managed Chromebooks using the Chromebook Management Console. See Deploy the GlobalProtect App Using the Chromebook Management Console.
- From the Chromebook, search for the app in the Chrome Web Store or go directly to the GlobalProtect app page.
- Click Add to Chrome and then follow the prompts to download and install the app.
- Launch the app.When successfully installed, the Chrome App Launcher displays the GlobalProtect app icon in the list of apps. To launch the app, click the icon.
- Configure the portal.
- When prompted, enter the IP address or FQDN of the Portal. The portal should not include the https:// at the beginning.
- Click Add Connection to add
the GlobalProtect VPN configuration.The app displays the home screen after it adds the VPN configuration to the Internet connection settings of your Chromebook but does not initiate a connection.
- Test the connection.
Deploy the GlobalProtect App Using the Chromebook Managemen...
Deploy the GlobalProtect App Using the Chromebook Management Console The Chromebook Management Console enables you to manage Chromebook settings and apps from a central, web-based ...
Download and Install the GlobalProtect Mobile App
Download and Install the GlobalProtect Mobile App The GlobalProtect app provides a simple way to extend the enterprise security policies out to mobile devices. As ...
GlobalProtect App for Chrome OS
GlobalProtect App for Chrome OS The new GlobalProtect app for Chrome OS extends the same next-generation firewall-based policies that are enforced within the physical perimeter ...
Download and Install the GlobalProtect App for Chrome OS
Download and Install the GlobalProtect App for Chrome OS The GlobalProtect app for Chrome OS provides a simple way to extend the enterprise security policies ...
Deploy the GlobalProtect Client Software
Deploy the GlobalProtect Client Software In order to connect to GlobalProtect, an end host must be running GlobalProtect client software. The software deployment method depends ...
GlobalProtect App for Windows Phone
GlobalProtect App for Windows Phone GlobalProtect 3.1.3 now extends its Windows 10 support to include Windows 10 phones. The new GlobalProtect app takes advantage of ...
Network > GlobalProtect > Portals
Network > GlobalProtect > Portals Select Network > GlobalProtect > Portals to set up and manage a GlobalProtect™ portal. The portal provides the management functions ...
Test the Agent Installation
Test the Agent Installation Use the following procedure to test the agent installation. Create an agent configuration for testing the agent installation. When initially installing ...
Define the GlobalProtect Agent Configurations
Define the GlobalProtect Agent Configurations After a GlobalProtect user connects to the portal and is authenticated by the GlobalProtect portal, the portal sends the agent ...