Download and Install the GlobalProtect Mobile App
The GlobalProtect app provides a simple way to extend the enterprise security policies out to mobile devices. As with other remote hosts running the GlobalProtect agent, the mobile app provides secure access to your corporate network over an IPSec or SSL VPN tunnel. The app will automatically connect to the gateway that is closest to the end user’s current location. In addition, traffic to and from the mobile device is automatically subject to the same security policy enforcement as other hosts on your corporate network. Like the GlobalProtect agent, the app collects information about the host configuration and can use this information for enhanced HIP-based security policy enforcement.
There are two primary methods for installing the GlobalProtect app: You can deploy the app from your third-party mobile device management system, such as an MDM, and transparently push the app to your managed devices; or, you can install the app directly from the official store for your device:
- iOS devices—App store
- Android devices—Google Play
- Windows 10 phones and Windows 10 UWP endpoints—Microsoft Store
- Chrome OS—For details on installing the GlobalProtect app for Chrome OS, see Download and Install the GlobalProtect App for Chrome OS.
This workflow describes how to install the GlobalProtect app directly on the mobile device.
- Create an agent configuration for testing the
app installation.As a best practice, create an agent configuration that is limited to a small group of users, such as administrators in the IT department responsible for administering the firewall.
- Select NetworkGlobalProtectPortals and select the portal configuration to edit.
- Select the Agent tab and either select an existing configuration or Add a new configuration to deploy to the test users/group.
- On the User/User Group tab, click Add in the User/User Group section and then select the user or group who will be testing the agent.
- In the OS section, select the app you are testing (iOS, Android, or WindowsUWP).
- (Optional) Select the agent configuration you just created/modified and click Move Up so that it is before any more generic configurations you have created.
- Commit the changes.
- From the mobile device, follow the prompts to download
and install the app.
- On Android devices, search for the app in Google Play.
- On iOS devices, search for the app in the App Store.
- On Windows 10 UWP devices, search for the app in the Microsoft Store
- Launch the app.When successfully installed, the GlobalProtect app icon displays on the device’s Home screen. To launch the app, tap the icon. When prompted to enable GlobalProtect VPN functionality, tap OK.
- Connect to the portal.
- When prompted, enter the Portal name or address, Username, and Password. The portal name must be an FQDN and it should not include the https:// at the beginning.
- Tap Connect and verify that
the app successfully establishes a VPN connection to GlobalProtect.If a third-party mobile endpoint management system is configured, the app will prompt you to enroll.
Deploy the GlobalProtect Mobile App Using AirWatch
Deploy the GlobalProtect Mobile App Using AirWatch The GlobalProtect app provides a simple way to extend the enterprise security policies out to mobile endpoints. As ...
Install the GlobalProtect App from the Chrome Web Store
Install the GlobalProtect App from the Chrome Web Store You can install the GlobalProtect app on a Chromebook by downloading the app from the Chrome ...
GlobalProtect App for Windows Phone
GlobalProtect App for Windows Phone GlobalProtect 3.1.3 now extends its Windows 10 support to include Windows 10 phones. The new GlobalProtect app takes advantage of ...
Deploy the GlobalProtect Client Software
Deploy the GlobalProtect Client Software In order to connect to GlobalProtect, an end host must be running GlobalProtect client software. The software deployment method depends ...
Manage the GlobalProtect App Using a Third-Party MDM System
Manage the GlobalProtect App Using a Third-Party MDM System You can use any third-party mobile device management system to deploy and configure the GlobalProtect app ...
Set Up a Mobile Endpoint Management System
Set Up a Mobile Endpoint Management System To set up a mobile endpoint management system, use the following workflow: Set Up the GlobalProtect Infrastructure. Create ...
Network > GlobalProtect > Portals
Network > GlobalProtect > Portals Select Network > GlobalProtect > Portals to set up and manage a GlobalProtect™ portal. The portal provides the management functions ...
GlobalProtect App for Chrome OS
GlobalProtect App for Chrome OS The new GlobalProtect app for Chrome OS extends the same next-generation firewall-based policies that are enforced within the physical perimeter ...
Configure the GlobalProtect Portal
Configure the GlobalProtect Portal The GlobalProtect Portal provides the management functions for your GlobalProtect infrastructure. Every endpoint that participates in the GlobalProtect network receives configuration ...