Agent Updates on the Portal
The simplest way to deploy the GlobalProtect agent software is to download the new agent installation package to the firewall that is hosting your portal and then activate the software for download to the agents connecting to the portal. To do this automatically, the firewall must have a service route that enables it to access the Palo Alto Networks Update Server. If the firewall does not have access to the Internet, you can manually download the agent software package from the Palo Alto Networks Software Updates support site using an Internet-connected computer and then manually upload it to the firewall.
You must have a valid Palo Alto Networks account to log in to and download software from the Software Updates page. If you cannot log in and need assistance, go to https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/support/tabs/overview.html.)
You define how the agent software updates are deployed in the agent configurations you define on the portal—whether they happen automatically when the agent connects to the portal, whether the user is prompted to upgrade the agent, or whether the end user can manually check for and download a new agent version. For details on creating an agent configuration, see Define the GlobalProtect Agent Configurations.
- Launch the web interface on the firewall hosting the GlobalProtect portal and go to the GlobalProtect Client page.Select.DeviceGlobalProtect Client
- Check for new agent software images.
You must have a valid Palo Alto Networks account to log in to and download software from the Software Updates page. If you cannot log in and need assistance, go to: https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/support/tabs/overview.html)
- If the firewall has access to the Update Server, clickCheck Nowto check for the latest updates. If the value in theActioncolumn isDownloadit indicates that an update is available.
- If the firewall does not have access to the Update Server, go to the Palo Alto Networks Software Updates support site andDownloadthe file to your computer. Then go back to the firewall to manuallyUploadthe file.
- Download the agent software image.If your firewall does not have Internet access from the management port, you can download the agent update from the Palo Alto Networks Support Site: (https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/support/tabs/overview.html).You can then manuallyUploadthe update to your firewall and then activateActivate From File.Locate the agent version you want and then clickDownload. When the download completes, the value in theActioncolumn changes toActivate.
- Activate the agent software image so that end users can download it from the portal.Only one version of agent software image can be activated at a time. If you activate a new version, but have some agents that require a previously activated version, you will have to activate the required version again to enable it for download.
- If you downloaded the image automatically from the Update Server, clickActivate.
- If you manually uploaded the image to the firewall, clickActivate From Fileand then select theGlobalProtect Client Fileyou uploaded from the drop-down. ClickOKto activate the selected image. You may need to refresh the screen before the version displays asCurrently Activated.
Managing the GlobalProtect Agent Software
Managing the GlobalProtect Agent Software Select Device GlobalProtect Client ( firewall only ) to download and activate the GlobalProtect agent software on the firewall that ...
Host Agent Updates on a Web Server
Host Agent Updates on a Web Server If you have a large number of endpoints that will need to install and/or update the GlobalProtect agent ...
Device > Software
Device > Software Select Device Software to view the available software releases, download or upload a release, install a release (a support license is required), ...
Deploy an Update to Firewalls when Panorama is not Internet-connected
Upgrade firewall software to PAN-OS® 8.0 and install content updates using Panorama™ when Panorama is not connected to the internet. ...
Manage Software and Content Updates
Manage Software and Content Updates Panorama > Device Deployment > Software Panorama provides the following options for deploying software and content updates to firewalls and ...
Firewall Software and Content Updates
Firewall Software and Content Updates To install a software or content update on a managed firewall, first use the Panorama Device Deployment pages to download ...
Install Updates for Panorama with an Internet Connection
Install Updates for Panorama with an Internet Connection If Panorama™ has a direct connection to the internet, perform the following steps to install Panorama software ...
Device > Dynamic Updates
Device > Dynamic Updates Device > Dynamic Updates Panorama > Dynamic Updates Palo Alto Networks regularly posts updates for application detection, threat protection, and GlobalProtect ...
Manage Panorama Software Updates
Manage Panorama Software Updates Select Panorama Software to perform the tasks described in the following table. By default, the Panorama management server saves up to ...