Test the Agent Installation
Use the following procedure to test the agent installation.
- Create an agent configuration for testing the
agent installation.When initially installing the GlobalProtect agent software on the endpoint, the end user must be logged in to the system using an account that has administrative privileges. Subsequent agent software updates do not require administrative privileges.As a best practice, create an agent configuration that is limited to a small group of users, such as administrators in the IT department responsible for administering the firewall:
- Select NetworkGlobalProtectPortals and select the portal configuration to edit.
- Select the Agent tab and either select an existing configuration or Add a new configuration to deploy to the test users/group.
- On the User/User Group tab, click Add in the User/User Group section, select the user or group who will be testing the agent, and then click OK.
- On the Agent tab, make sure Agent Upgrade is set to prompt and then click OK to save the configuration.
- (Optional) Select the agent configuration you just created/modified and click Move Up so that it is before any more generic configurations you have created.
- Commit the changes.
- Log in to the GlobalProtect portal.
- Launch your web browser and go to the following
https://<portal address or name>For example, https://gp.acme.com.
- On the portal login page, enter your user Name and Password and then click Login.
- Launch your web browser and go to the following URL:
- Navigate to the agent download page.In most cases, you will see an agent download page when you log in to the portal. Use this page to download the latest agent software package.If you have enabled GlobalProtect Clientless VPN access, you will see an applications page (instead of the agent download page) when you log in to the portal. Select GlobalProtect Agent to open the download page.
- Download the agent.
- Click the link that corresponds to the operating system you are running on your computer to begin the download.
- When prompted to run or save the software, click Run.
- When prompted, click Run to
launch the GlobalProtect Setup Wizard.When initially installing the GlobalProtect agent software on the endpoint, the end user must be logged in to the system using an account that has administrative privileges. Subsequent agent software updates do not require administrative privileges.
- Complete the GlobalProtect agent setup.
- From the GlobalProtect Setup Wizard, click Next.
- Click Next to accept the default
installation folder(C:\Program Files\Palo Alto Networks\GlobalProtect) or Browse to choose a new location and then click Next twice.
- After the installation successfully completes, click Close. The GlobalProtect agent will automatically start.
- Log in to GlobalProtect.Enter the FQDN or IP address of the Portal and Connect. If prompted, enter your Username and Password and Connect. If authentication is successful, the agent will connect to GlobalProtect. Use the agent to access resources on the corporate network as well as external resources, as defined in the corresponding security polices.To deploy the agent to end users, create agent configurations for the user groups for which you want to enable access and set the Agent Upgrade settings appropriately and then communicate the portal address. See Define the GlobalProtect Agent Configurations for details on setting up agent configurations.
Install the GlobalProtect App from the Chrome Web Store
Install the GlobalProtect App from the Chrome Web Store You can install the GlobalProtect app on a Chromebook by downloading the app from the Chrome ...
Download and Install the GlobalProtect Mobile App
Download and Install the GlobalProtect Mobile App The GlobalProtect app provides a simple way to extend the enterprise security policies out to mobile devices. As ...
Network > GlobalProtect > Portals
Network > GlobalProtect > Portals Select Network GlobalProtect Portals to set up and manage a GlobalProtect™ portal. The portal provides the management functions for the ...
Managing the GlobalProtect Agent Software
Managing the GlobalProtect Agent Software Select Device GlobalProtect Client ( firewall only ) to download and activate the GlobalProtect agent software on the firewall that ...
Host Agent Updates on the Portal
Host Agent Updates on the Portal The simplest way to deploy the GlobalProtect agent software is to download the new agent installation package to the ...
Define the GlobalProtect Agent Configurations
Define the GlobalProtect Agent Configurations After a GlobalProtect user connects to the portal and is authenticated by the GlobalProtect portal, the portal sends the agent ...
GlobalProtect Portals Agent Configuration Tab
GlobalProtect Portals Agent Configuration Tab Select Network GlobalProtect Portals < GlobalProtect-portal-config > > Agent to define the agent configuration settings. The GlobalProtect portal deploys the ...
GlobalProtect Portals Agent User/User Group Tab
GlobalProtect Portals Agent User/User Group Tab Select Network GlobalProtect Portals Agent User/User Group to specify the operating systems and users or user groups to which ...
Host Agent Updates on a Web Server
Host Agent Updates on a Web Server If you have a large number of endpoints that will need to install and/or update the GlobalProtect agent ...