Download and Install the GlobalProtect Mobile App
The GlobalProtect app provides a simple way to extend the enterprise security policies out to mobile devices. As with other remote hosts running the GlobalProtect agent, the mobile app provides secure access to your corporate network over an IPSec or SSL VPN tunnel. The app will automatically connect to the gateway that is closest to the end user’s current location. In addition, traffic to and from the mobile device is automatically subject to the same security policy enforcement as other hosts on your corporate network. Like the GlobalProtect agent, the app collects information about the host configuration and can use this information for enhanced HIP-based security policy enforcement.
There are two primary methods for installing the GlobalProtect app: You can deploy the app from your third-party MDM and transparently push the app to your managed devices; or, you can install the app directly from the official store for your device:
This workflow describes how to install the GlobalProtect app directly on the mobile device. For instructions on how to deploy the GlobalProtect app from AirWatch, see Deploy the GlobalProtect Mobile App Using AirWatch.
- Create an agent configuration for testing the app installation.As a best practice, create an agent configuration that is limited to a small group of users, such as administrators in the IT department responsible for administering the firewall:
- Selectand select the portal configuration to edit.NetworkGlobalProtectPortals
- Select theAgenttab and either select an existing configuration orAdda new configuration to deploy to the test users/group.
- On theUser/User Grouptab, clickAddin the User/User Group section and then select the user or group who will be testing the agent.
- In the OS section, select the app you are testing (iOS,Android, orWindowsUWP).
- (Optional) Select the agent configuration you just created/modified and clickMove Upso that it is before any more generic configurations you have created.
- Committhe changes.
- From the mobile device, follow the prompts to download and install the app.
- On Android devices, search for the app on Google Play.
- On iOS devices, search for the app at the App Store.
- On Windows 10 UWP devices, search for the app at the Microsoft Store.
- Launch the app.When successfully installed, the GlobalProtect app icon displays on the device’s Home screen. To launch the app, tap the icon. When prompted to enable GlobalProtect VPN functionality, tapOK.
- Connect to the portal.
- When prompted, enter thePortalname or address,Username, andPassword. The portal name must be an FQDN and it should not include the https:// at the beginning.
- TapConnectand verify that the app successfully establishes a VPN connection to GlobalProtect.If a third-party mobile endpoint management system is configured, the app will prompt you to enroll.
Deploy the GlobalProtect Mobile App Using AirWatch
Deploy the GlobalProtect Mobile App Using AirWatch The GlobalProtect app provides a simple way to extend the enterprise security policies out to mobile endpoints. As ...
Deploy the GlobalProtect Client Software
Deploy the GlobalProtect Client Software In order to connect to GlobalProtect™, an end host must be running GlobalProtect client software. The software deployment method depends ...
Install the GlobalProtect App from the Chrome Web Store
Install the GlobalProtect App from the Chrome Web Store You can install the GlobalProtect app on a Chromebook by downloading the app from the Chrome ...
Network > GlobalProtect > Portals
Network > GlobalProtect > Portals Select Network GlobalProtect Portals to set up and manage a GlobalProtect™ portal. The portal provides the management functions for the ...
Manage the GlobalProtect App Using a Third-Party MDM
Manage the GlobalProtect App Using a Third-Party MDM You can use any third-party mobile device management system, such as a mobile device management (MDM) system, ...
Define the GlobalProtect Agent Configurations
Define the GlobalProtect Agent Configurations After a GlobalProtect user connects to the portal and is authenticated by the GlobalProtect portal, the portal sends the agent ...
Manage the GlobalProtect App Using AirWatch
Manage the GlobalProtect App Using AirWatch Deploy the GlobalProtect Mobile App Using AirWatch Configure the GlobalProtect App for iOS Using AirWatch Configure the GlobalProtect App ...
GlobalProtect Portal Overview
GlobalProtect Portal Overview The GlobalProtect Portal provides the management functions for your GlobalProtect infrastructure. Every endpoint that participates in the GlobalProtect network receives configuration information ...
GlobalProtect Portals Agent Configuration Tab
GlobalProtect Portals Agent Configuration Tab Select Network GlobalProtect Portals < GlobalProtect-portal-config > > Agent to define the agent configuration settings. The GlobalProtect portal deploys the ...