Set Up Access to the GlobalProtect Portal
- Add the portal.
- Selectand clickNetworkGlobalProtectPortalsAdd.
- On theGeneralpage, enter aNamefor the portal. The name cannot contain spaces.
- (Optional) Select the virtual system to which this portal belongs from theLocationfield.
- Specify network settings to enable agents to communicate with the portal.If you have not yet created the network interface for the portal, see Create Interfaces and Zones for GlobalProtect for instructions. If you have not yet created an SSL/TLS service profile for the portal, see Deploy Server Certificates to the GlobalProtect Components.Do not attach an interface management profile that allows HTTP, HTTPS, Telnet, or SSH on the interface where you have configured a GlobalProtect portal or gateway because this enables access to your management interface from the Internet. Follow the Best Practices for Securing Administrative Access to ensure that you are securing administrative access to your firewalls in a way that will prevent successful attacks.
- Select theInterface.
- Specify theIP Address TypeandIP addressfor the portal web service:
- The IP address type can beIPv4(for IPv4 traffic only),IPv6(for IPv6 traffic only, orIPv4 and IPv6.UseIPv4 and IPv6if your network supports dual stack configurations, where IPv4 and IPv6 run at the same time.
- The IP address must be compatible with the IP address type. For example,172.16.1/0for IPv4 addresses or21DA:D3:0:2F3Bfor IPv6 addresses. For dual stack configurations, enter both an IPv4 and IPv6 address.
- Select anSSL/TLS Service Profile.
- Disable the login page entirely or choose your own login page or help page. Although optional, a custom login or help page lets you decide on the look and content of the pages. See Customize the GlobalProtect Portal Login, Welcome, and Help Pages.
- Choose aPortal Login Pagefor user access to the portal or import a new one, orDisableaccess to the GlobalProtect portal login page from a web browser.
- Choose aApp Help Pageto assist the user with GlobalProtect or import a new one.
- Specify how the portal authenticates the users.If you have not yet created a server certificate for the portal and issued gateway certificates, see Deploy Server Certificates to the GlobalProtect Components.On the GlobalProtect Portal Configuration dialog, selectAuthentication, and then configure any of the following:
- To secure communication between the portal and the agents, select theSSL/TLS Service Profileyou configured for the portal.
- To authenticate users using a local user database or an external authentication service, such as LDAP, Kerberos, TACACS+, SAML, or RADIUS (including OTP), Define the GlobalProtect Client Authentication Configurations.
- Save the portal configuration.
- ClickOKto save the settings and close the GlobalProtect Portal Configuration dialog.
- Committhe changes.
Configure the Portal
Configure the Portal After you have completed the GlobalProtect Portal for LSVPN Prerequisite Tasks , configure the GlobalProtect portal as follows: Add the portal. Select ...
GlobalProtect Portals General Tab
GlobalProtect Portals General Tab Select Network GlobalProtect Portals General to define the network settings that an agent or app uses to connect to the GlobalProtect ...
Configure GlobalProtect Gateways for LSVPN
Configure GlobalProtect Gateways for LSVPN Because the GlobalProtect configuration that the portal delivers to the satellites includes the list of gateways the satellite can connect ...
Configure a GlobalProtect Gateway
Configure a GlobalProtect gateway to enforce security policies and provide VPN access for your users. ...
IPv6 for GlobalProtect
IPv6 for GlobalProtect GlobalProtect clients and satellites can now connect to portals and gateways using IPv6. This feature allows connection from clients that are in ...
GlobalProtect Portal for LSVPN Prerequisite Tasks
GlobalProtect Portal for LSVPN Prerequisite Tasks Before configuring the GlobalProtect portal, you must complete the following tasks: Create Interfaces and Zones for the LSVPN on ...
Define the GlobalProtect Client Authentication Configurations
Define the GlobalProtect Client Authentication Configurations Each GlobalProtect client authentication configuration specifies the settings that enable the user to authenticate with the GlobalProtect portal. You ...
GlobalProtect Certificate Best Practices
GlobalProtect Certificate Best Practices The following table summarizes the SSL/TLS certificates you will need, depending on which features you plan to use: Certificate Usage Issuing ...
GlobalProtect Portals Agent Internal Tab
GlobalProtect Portals Agent Internal Tab Select Network GlobalProtect Portals Agent Internal to configure the settings for internal gateways for an agent configuration. GlobalProtect Portal Internal ...