Host App Updates on the Portal
The simplest way to deploy the GlobalProtect app software is to download the new app installation package to the firewall that is hosting your portal, and then activate the software for download to the apps connecting to the portal. To do this automatically, the firewall must have a service route that enables it to access the Palo Alto Networks Update Server. If the firewall does not have Internet access, you can download the app software package from the Palo Alto Networks Software Updates support site using an Internet-connected computer, and then manually upload it to the firewall.
You must have a valid Palo Alto Networks account to log in to and download software from the Software Updates page. If you cannot log in and need assistance, go to https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/support/tabs/overview.html.
You define how the app software updates are deployed in the portal agent configurations—whether they occur automatically when the app connects to the portal, whether the user is prompted to upgrade the app, or whether the end user can manually check for and download a new app version. For details on creating an agent configuration, see Define the GlobalProtect Agent Configurations.
- On the firewall hosting the GlobalProtect portal, check for new app software images.Selectto view the list of available app software images.DeviceGlobalProtect Client
You must have a valid Palo Alto Networks account to log in to and download software from the Software Updates page. If you cannot log in and need assistance, go to: https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/support/tabs/overview.html
- If the firewall has access to the Update Server, clickCheck Nowfor the latest updates. If the value in theActioncolumn isDownload, it indicates that a new version of the app is available.
- If the firewall does not have access to the Update Server, you must manually download the software image from the Palo Alto Networks Software Updates support site, as described in step 2.
- Download the app software image.
- If the firewall has access to the Update Server, locate the app version you want, and then clickDownload. When the download completes, the value in theActioncolumn changes toActivate.
- If the firewall does not have access to the Update Server, manuallyDownloadthe latest app software image from the Palo Alto Networks Software Updates support site. After you download the software image, go back to thepage of the firewall toDeviceGlobalProtect ClientUploadit.
- Activate the app software image so that end users can download it from the portal.Only one version of the app software image can be activated at a time. If you activate a new version, but have some apps that require a previously activated version, you must activate the required version again to enable it for download.
- If the software image was automatically downloaded from the Update Server, clickActivate.
- If you manually uploaded the software image to the firewall, clickActivate From File, and then select theGlobalProtect Client Fileyou uploaded from the drop-down. ClickOKto activate the selected image. You may need to refresh the page before the version displays asCurrently Activated.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.