Host App Updates on the Portal
The simplest way to deploy the GlobalProtect app software is to download the new app installation package to the firewall that is hosting your portal, and then activate the software for download to the apps connecting to the portal. To do this automatically, the firewall must have a service route that enables it to access the Palo Alto Networks Update Server. If the firewall does not have Internet access, you can download the app software package from the Palo Alto Networks Software Updates support site using an Internet-connected computer, and then manually upload it to the firewall.
You must have a valid Palo Alto Networks account to log in to and download software from the Software Updates page. If you cannot log in and need assistance, go to https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/support/tabs/overview.html.
You define how the app software updates are deployed in the portal agent configurations—whether they occur automatically when the app connects to the portal, whether the user is prompted to upgrade the app, or whether the end user can manually check for and download a new app version. For details on creating an agent configuration, see Define the GlobalProtect Agent Configurations.
the firewall hosting the GlobalProtect portal, check for new app
software images.Select DeviceGlobalProtect Client to view the list of available app software images.
You must have a valid Palo Alto Networks account to log in to and download software from the Software Updates page. If you cannot log in and need assistance, go to: https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/support/tabs/overview.html
- If the firewall has access to the Update Server, click Check Now for the latest updates. If the value in the Action column is Download, it indicates that a new version of the app is available.
- If the firewall does not have access to the Update Server, you must manually download the software image from the Palo Alto Networks Software Updates support site, as described in step 2.
- Download the app software image.
- If the firewall has access to the Update Server, locate the app version you want, and then click Download. When the download completes, the value in the Action column changes to Activate.
- If the firewall does not have access to the Update Server, manually Download the latest app software image from the Palo Alto Networks Software Updates support site. After you download the software image, go back to the DeviceGlobalProtect Client page of the firewall to Upload it.
- Activate the app software image so that end users can
download it from the portal.Only one version of the app software image can be activated at a time. If you activate a new version, but have some apps that require a previously activated version, you must activate the required version again to enable it for download.
- If the software image was automatically downloaded from the Update Server, click Activate.
- If you manually uploaded the software image to the firewall, click Activate From File, and then select the GlobalProtect Client File you uploaded from the drop-down. Click OK to activate the selected image. You may need to refresh the page before the version displays as Currently Activated.
Managing the GlobalProtect Agent Software
Managing the GlobalProtect App Software Select Device GlobalProtect Client ( firewall only ) to download and activate the GlobalProtect app software on the firewall that ...
Host App Updates on a Web Server
Host App Updates on a Web Server If a large number of your endpoints must install and/or update the GlobalProtect app software, consider hosting the ...
Device > Software
Device > Software Select Device Software to view the available software releases, to download or upload a release, to install a release (a support license ...
Upgrade Firewalls When Panorama Is Not Internet-Connected
Upgrade firewall software to PAN-OS® 8.1 and install content updates using Panorama™ when Panorama is not connected to the internet. ...
Firewall Software and Content Updates
Firewall Software and Content Updates To install a software or content update on a managed firewall, first use the Panorama Device Deployment pages to download ...
Manage Software and Content Updates
Manage Software and Content Updates Panorama > Device Deployment > Software Panorama provides the following options for deploying software and content updates to firewalls and ...
Device > Dynamic Updates
Device > Dynamic Updates Device > Dynamic Updates Panorama > Dynamic Updates Palo Alto Networks regularly posts updates for new and modified applications, threat protection, ...
Install Updates for Panorama When Not Internet-Connected
Install Updates for Panorama When Not Internet-Connected If Panorama™ does not have a direct connection to the internet, perform the following steps to install Panorama ...
Manage Panorama Software Updates
Manage Panorama Software Updates Select Panorama Software to perform the tasks described in the following table. By default, the Panorama management server saves up to ...