Test the App Installation
Use the following procedure to test the GlobalProtect app installation.
- Create an agent configuration for testing the
app installation.When initially installing the GlobalProtect app software on the endpoint, the end user must be logged in to the system using an account that has administrative privileges. Subsequent app software updates do not require administrative privileges.As a best practice, create an agent configuration that is limited to a small group of users, such as administrators in the IT department responsible for administering the firewall:
- Select NetworkGlobalProtectPortals.
- Select an existing portal configuration that you want to modify or Add a new one
- On the Agent tab, select an existing configuration or Add a new one to deploy to the test users/group.
- On the User/User Group tab, Add the User/User Group who will be testing the app.
- On the App tab, set Allow User to Upgrade GlobalProtect App to Allow with Prompt. Click OK to save the configuration.
- (Optional) On the Agent tab,
select the agent configuration that you just created or modified,
and then click Move Up so that it is higher
on the list than the more generic configurations you have created.When a GlobalProtect app connects, the portal compares the source information in the packet against the agent configurations you have defined. As with security rule evaluation, the portals looks for a match starting from the top of the list. When it finds a match, it delivers the corresponding configuration to the app.
- Commit the changes.
- Log in to the GlobalProtect portal.
- Launch your web browser and go to the following
https://<portal address or name>For example, https://gp.acme.com.
- On the portal login page, enter your user Name and Password, and then click LOG IN.
- Launch your web browser and go to the following URL:
- Navigate to the app download page.In most cases, the app download page appears immediately after you log in to the portal. Use this page to download the latest app software package.If you have enabled GlobalProtect Clientless VPN access, the applications page opens after you log in to the portal (instead of the agent download page) when you log in to the portal. Select GlobalProtect Agent to open the download page.
- Download the app.
- To begin the download, click the link that corresponds to the operating system running on your computer.
- Open the software installation file.
- When prompted to run or save the software, click Run.
- When prompted, click Run to
launch the GlobalProtect Setup Wizard.When initially installing the GlobalProtect app software on the endpoint, the end user must be logged in to the system using an account that has administrative privileges. Subsequent app software updates do not require administrative privileges.
- Complete the GlobalProtect app setup.
- From the GlobalProtect Setup Wizard, click Next.
- Click Next to accept the default installation folder (C:\Program Files\Palo Alto Networks\GlobalProtect), or click Browse to select a new location and then click Next twice.
- After the installation is complete, Close the wizard.
- Log in to GlobalProtect.
If authentication is successful, you are connected to your corporate network, and the status panel displays the Connected or Connected - Internal status. If you set up a GlobalProtect welcome page, it displays after you log in successfully.
- Launch the GlobalProtect app by clicking the system tray icon. The status panel opens.
- Enter the FQDN or IP address of the portal, and then click Connect.
- (Optional) By default, you are automatically
connected to the Best Available gateway,
based on the configuration that the administrator defines and the
response times of the available gateways. To connect to a different
gateway, select the gateway from the Gateway drop-down
(for external gateways only).This option is only available if you enable manual gateway selection.
- (Optional) Depending on the connection mode, click Connect to initiate the connection.
- (Optional) If prompted, enter your Username and Password, and then click Sign In.
Install the GlobalProtect App from the Chrome Web Store
Install the GlobalProtect App from the Chrome Web Store You can install the GlobalProtect app on a Chromebook by downloading the app from the Chrome ...
Download and Install the GlobalProtect Mobile App
Download and Install the GlobalProtect Mobile App The GlobalProtect app provides a simple way to extend the enterprise security policies out to mobile endpoints. As ...
Customize the GlobalProtect App
Customize the GlobalProtect App The portal agent configuration allows you to customize how your end users interact with the GlobalProtect apps installed on their endpoints. ...
Managing the GlobalProtect Agent Software
Managing the GlobalProtect App Software Select Device GlobalProtect Client ( firewall only ) to download and activate the GlobalProtect app software on the firewall that ...
Host App Updates on the Portal
Host App Updates on the Portal The simplest way to deploy the GlobalProtect app software is to download the new app installation package to the ...
Deploy the GlobalProtect App Software
Deploy the GlobalProtect App Software In order to connect to GlobalProtect™, an endpoint must be running the GlobalProtect app software. The software deployment method depends ...
Network > GlobalProtect > Portals
Network > GlobalProtect > Portals Select Network GlobalProtect Portals to set up and manage a GlobalProtect™ portal. The portal provides the management functions for the ...
Configure a Per-App VPN Configuration for Windows 10 UWP Endpoints Using AirWatch
Configure a Per-App VPN Configuration for Windows 10 UWP Endpoints Using AirWatch You can enable access to internal resources from your managed mobile endpoints by ...
Deploy the GlobalProtect App for Android on Managed Chromebooks Using the Google Admin Console
Deploy the GlobalProtect App for Android on Managed Chromebooks Using the Google Admin Console The Google Admin console enables you to manage Chromebook settings and ...