Enhanced Authentication for Dedicated Log Collectors and
Create enhanced authentication for Dedicated Log Collectors and WildFire appliances to address authentication security gaps.
Bridge the security gap in your infrastructure for Dedicated Log Collector (
) and WildFire (
) deployments by leveraging enhanced authentication for your appliances. PAN-OS
Managed WildFire Appliance
®10.0 introduces the ability to create multiple local administrators with granular authentication parameters, as well as leverage LDAP, RADIUS, or TACACS+ for remote authorization and authentication from the Panorama™ management server. Local administrators are configured directly on the CLI of the Dedicated Log Collector and WildFire appliances. Pushing new configuration changes to a Dedicated Log Collector or WildFire appliance overwrites existing local administrators with the administrators configured for the Dedicated Log Collector.
This example shows how to configure the authentication for a Dedicated Log Collector.
- Configure Panorama administrator accounts as needed.
- If you are using remote authentication, configure your LDAP, RADIUS, or TACAS+ for Panorama.
- Configure an authentication profile to define the authentication service that validates the login credentials of the administrators who access the Dedicated Log Collector CLI.
- Configure the authentication for the Dedicated Log Collector.
- Selectand select a Dedicated Log Collector that you added in Step 2.PanoramaManaged Collectors
- Select theAuthentication Profileyou configured in Step 5.
- Configure the authenticationTimeout Configurationfor the Dedicated Log Collector.
- Enter the number ofFailed Attempts before a user is locked out of the Dedicated Log Collector CLI.
- Enter theLockout Time, in minutes, for which the Dedicated Log Collector locks out a user account after that user reaches the configured number ofFailed Attempts.
- Enter theIdle Timeout, in minutes, before the user account is automatically logged out due to inactivity.
- Enter theMax Session Countto set how many user accounts can simultaneously access the Dedicated Log Collector.
- Enter theMax Session Timethe administrator can be logged in before being automatically logged out.
- Add the Dedicated Log Collector administrators.You must add the administrator (admin) as either a local administrator or as an imported Panorama administrator—but not both. The push to managed firewalls fails if an administrator is not added or if the administrator is added as both a local administrator and as an imported Panorama administrator.
- Addand configure new administrators unique to the Dedicated Log Collector. These administrators are specific to the Dedicated Log Collectors for which they are created and you manage these administrators from this table.
- Addany administrators configured on Panorama. These administrators are created on Panorama and imported to the Dedicated Log Collector.
- ClickOKto save the Dedicated Log Collector authentication configuration.
- Commitand thenCommit and Pushyour configuration changes.
- Log in to the CLI of the Dedicated Log Collector.
Recommended For You
Recommended videos not found.