the Firewall to Factory Default Settings
Resetting the firewall to factory defaults will result in the loss of all configuration settings and logs.
- Set up a console connection to the firewall.
- Connect a serial cable from your computer to the Console port and connect to the firewall using terminal emulation software (9600-8-N-1).If your computer does not have a 9-pin serial port, use a USB-to-serial port connector.
- Enter your login credentials.
- Enter the following CLI command:debug system maintenance-modeThe firewall will reboot in the maintenance mode.
- Reset the system to factory default settings.
- When the firewall reboots, pressEnterto continue to the maintenance mode menu.
- SelectFactory Resetand pressEnter.
- SelectFactory Resetand pressEnteragain.The firewall will reboot without any configuration settings. The default username and password to log in to the firewall is admin/admin.To perform initial configuration on the firewall and to set up network connectivity, see Integrate the Firewall into Your Management Network.
Enable FIPS and Common Criteria Support
Enable FIPS and Common Criteria Support Use the following procedure to enable FIPS-CC mode on a software version that supports Common Criteria and the Federal ...
Move a Log Collector to a Different Collector Group
Move a Log Collector to a Different Collector Group When you Plan a Log Collection Deployment , you assign Log Collectors to a Collector Group ...
Configure the Master Key
Configure the Master Key Every firewall and Panorama management server has a default master key that encrypts all the private keys and passwords in the ...
Device > Master Key and Diagnostics
Device > Master Key and Diagnostics Device > Master Key and Diagnostics Panorama > Master Key and Diagnostics Select Device > Master Key and Diagnostics ...
Firewall Administration Administrators can configure, manage, and monitor Palo Alto Networks firewalls using the web interface, CLI, and API management interface. You can customize role-based ...
Bootstrapping Firewalls for Rapid Deployment
Bootstrapping Firewalls for Rapid Deployment Whether you are deploying a VM-Series firewall (on-demand deployment) or a hardware-based Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewall (mass rollout to ...
Bootstrap a Firewall Using a USB Flash Drive
Bootstrap a Firewall Using a USB Flash Drive After you receive a new Palo Alto Networks firewall and a USB flash drive loaded with bootstrap ...
Downgrade from PAN-OS 7.1
Downgrade from PAN-OS 7.1 The way you downgrade from PAN-OS 7.1 depends on whether you are downgrading to a previous feature release (where the first ...
VM-Series Firewall Bootstrap Workflow
VM-Series Firewall Bootstrap Workflow After you familiarize yourself with the Bootstrap Package and assess whether you will want to fully configure the firewall or use ...