Reset the Firewall to Factory Default Settings
Resetting the firewall to factory defaults will result in the loss of all configuration settings and logs.
- Set up a console connection to the firewall.
- Connect a serial cable from your computer
to the Console port and connect to the firewall using terminal emulation
software (9600-8-N-1).If your computer does not have a 9-pin serial port, use a USB-to-serial port connector.
- Enter your login credentials.
- Enter the following CLI command:debug system maintenance-modeThe firewall will reboot in the maintenance mode.
- Connect a serial cable from your computer to the Console port and connect to the firewall using terminal emulation software (9600-8-N-1).
- Reset the system to factory default settings.
- When the firewall reboots, press Enter to continue to the maintenance mode menu.
- Select Factory Reset and press Enter.
- Select Factory Reset and press Enter again.The firewall will reboot without any configuration settings. The default username and password to log in to the firewall is admin/admin.To perform initial configuration on the firewall and to set up network connectivity, see Integrate the Firewall into Your Management Network.
Access the Maintenance Recovery Tool (MRT)
Access the Maintenance Recovery Tool (MRT) The Maintenance Recovery Tool (MRT) enables you to perform several tasks on Palo Alto Networks firewalls and appliances. For ...
Configure the Master Key
Configure the Master Key Every firewall and Panorama management server has a default master key that encrypts all the private keys and passwords in the ...
Firewall Administration Administrators can configure, manage, and monitor Palo Alto Networks firewalls using the web interface, CLI, and API management interface. You can customize role-based ...
Device > Master Key and Diagnostics
Device > Master Key and Diagnostics Select Device Master Key and Diagnostics or Panorama Master Key and Diagnostics to configure the master key that encrypts ...
Downgrade from PAN-OS 8.0
Downgrade from PAN-OS 8.0 The way you downgrade a firewall from PAN-OS 8.0 depends on whether you are downgrading to a previous feature release (where ...
Bootstrap a Firewall Using a USB Flash Drive
Bootstrap a Firewall Using a USB Flash Drive After you receive a new Palo Alto Networks firewall and a USB flash drive loaded with bootstrap ...
Enable FIPS and Common Criteria Support
Enable FIPS and Common Criteria Support Use the following procedures to enable FIPS-CC mode on a software version that supports Common Criteria and the Federal ...
VM-Series Firewall Bootstrap Workflow
VM-Series Firewall Bootstrap Workflow After you familiarize yourself with the Bootstrap Package and assess whether you will want to fully configure the firewall or use ...
Prepare a USB Flash Drive for Bootstrapping a Firewall
Prepare a USB Flash Drive for Bootstrapping a Firewall You can use a USB flash drive to bootstrap a physical firewall. However, to do so, ...