View IP Multicast Information
View IP multicast routes the virtual router uses, IGMP interfaces and settings, and PIM information and settings.
After you Configure IP Multicast routing, view multicast routes, forwarding entries, and information about your IGMP and PIM interfaces.
- Select NetworkVirtual Routers and in the
row for the virtual router you configured, click More
- Select RoutingRoute Table and then the Multicast radio button to display only multicast routes (destination IP multicast group, the next hop toward that group, and outgoing interface). This information comes from the mRIB.
- Select MulticastFIB to view multicast route information from the mFIB: multicast groups to which the virtual router belongs, the corresponding source, incoming interfaces, and outgoing interfaces toward the receivers.
- Select MulticastIGMPInterface to view IGMP-enabled interfaces, the associated IGMP version, IP address of the IGMP Querier, Querier up time and expiry time, the robustness setting, limits on numbers of multicast groups and sources, and whether the interface is configured for immediate leave.
- Select MulticastIGMPMembership to see IGMP-enabled interfaces and the multicast groups to which they belong, the source, and other IGMP information.
- Select MulticastPIMGroup Mapping to view multicast groups mapped to an RP, the origin of the RP mapping, the PIM mode for the group (ASM or SSM), and whether the group is inactive. Groups in SSM mode don’t use an RP, so the RP address displayed is 0.0.0.0. The default SSM group is 184.108.40.206/8.
- Select MulticastPIMInterface to view the IP address of the DR for an interface; the DR priority; the Hello, Join/Prune, and Assert intervals; and whether the interface is a bootstrap router (BSR).
- Select MulticastPIMNeighbor to view information about routers that are PIM neighbors to the virtual router.
Configure IGMP for interfaces on a virtual router that are facing receivers to enable receivers to join multicast groups and to enable the virtual router ...
Configure IP Multicast
Configure a virtual router on the firewall to receive and forward IP multicast traffic by configuring the interfaces: PIM on ingress and egress interfaces, and ...
PIM uses reverse-path forwarding (RPF) to prevent routing loops and to build a shortest-path tree from the receiver back to the multicast source. ...
PIM Assert Mechanism
PIM uses an Assert mechanism to elect a PIM Forwarder of multicast packets on a multiaccess network, which prevents forwarding of duplicate multicast packets. ...
PIM Sparse Mode supports Any-Source Multicast (ASM) and Source-Specific Multicast (SSM); ASM requires a rendezvous point (RP). Configure PIM on ingress and egress interfaces for ...
A virtual router supports IP multicast so that it can participate in multicast protocols (IGMP and PIM) and forward multicast traffic from a source to ...
Shortest-Path Tree (SPT) and Shared Tree
IP Multicast constructs shortest-path tree (SPT) and shared tree distribution paths to forward multicast packets to members of a group. ...
Multicast Interfaces Tab
Multicast Interfaces Tab Network > Virtual Router > Multicast > Interfaces Use the following fields to configure multicast interfaces: Multicast Settings – Interfaces Description Name ...
Multicast Tab The following table describes the virtual router’s Runtime Stats for IP Multicast. Multicast Runtime Stats Description FIB Tab Group Multicast group address that ...