Upgrade a Standalone Firewall to PAN-OS 8.0
Review the PAN-OS 8.0 Release Notes and then use the following procedure to upgrade a firewall not in an HA configuration to PAN-OS 8.0.
If your firewalls are configured to forward samples to a WF-500 appliance for analysis, you must upgrade the WildFire appliance to PAN-OS 8.0 before you upgrade the forwarding firewalls.
Ensure the firewall is connected to a reliable power source. A loss of power during an upgrade can make the firewall unusable.
- Save a backup of the current configuration file.Although the firewall automatically creates a configuration backup, it is a best practice to create and externally store a backup before you upgrade.
- Select DeviceSetupOperations and click Export named configuration snapshot.
- Select the XML file that contains your running configuration (for example, running-config.xml) and click OK to export the configuration file.
- Save the exported file to a location external to the firewall. You can use this backup to restore the configuration if you have problems with the upgrade.
- Ensure that the firewall is running the latest content
release version. Refer to the Release Notes for the
minimum content release version you must install for a PAN-OS 8.0
release. Make sure to follow the Best Practices for Application and Threat ContentUpdates
- Select DeviceDynamic Updates and check which Applications or Applications
and Threats to determine which update is Currently Installed.
- If the firewall is not running the minimum required update or a later version, Check Now to retrieve a list of available updates.
- Locate and Download the content release version you intend to install. After you successfully download a content update file, the link in the Action column changes from Download to Install for that release version.
- Install the update.
- Select DeviceDynamic Updates and check which Applications or Applications and Threats to determine which update is Currently Installed.
the Upgrade Path to PAN-OS 8.0You cannot skip installation of any feature release versions in the path from the currently running PAN-OS version to PAN-OS 8.0.
to PAN-OS 8.0.
- Select DeviceSoftware and click Check Now to display the latest PAN-OS updates.
- Locate and Download PAN-OS 8.0.0.
- After you download the image (or, for a manual upgrade,
after you upload the image), Install the
image.As a best practice, when upgrading to a PAN-OS 8.0 release, install the PAN-OS 8.0.0 base image and reboot the firewall before you download and install a PAN-OS 8.0 maintenance release.
the installation completes successfully, reboot using one of the
- If you are prompted to reboot, click Yes.
- If you are not prompted to reboot, select DeviceSetupOperations and click Reboot Device.
- Verify that the firewall is passing traffic.Select MonitorSession Browser.
Install Updates for Panorama with an Internet Connection
Install Updates for Panorama with an Internet Connection If Panorama™ has a direct connection to the internet, perform the following steps to install Panorama software ...
Install Updates for Panorama When Not Internet-Connected
Install Updates for Panorama When Not Internet-Connected If Panorama™ does not have a direct connection to the internet, perform the following steps to install Panorama ...
Determine the Upgrade Path to PAN-OS 8.0
Determine the Upgrade Path to PAN-OS 8.0 When you upgrade from one PAN-OS feature release version to a later feature release, you cannot skip the ...
Upgrade an HA Firewall Pair to PAN-OS 8.0
Upgrade an HA Firewall Pair to PAN-OS 8.0 Review the PAN-OS 8.0 Release Notes and then use the following procedure to upgrade a pair of ...
Upgrade Firewalls Using Panorama
Upgrade Firewalls Using Panorama Review the PAN-OS 8.0 Release Notes and then use the following procedure to upgrade firewalls that you manage with Panorama. This ...
Upgrade the Firewall to PAN-OS 8.0
Upgrade the Firewall to PAN-OS 8.0 How you upgrade to PAN-OS 8.0 depends on whether you have standalone firewalls or firewalls in a high availability ...
Deploy an Update to Firewalls when Panorama is not Internet-connected
Upgrade firewall software to PAN-OS® 8.0 and install content updates using Panorama™ when Panorama is not connected to the internet. ...
Downgrade a Firewall to a Previous Feature Release
Downgrade a Firewall to a Previous Feature Release Use the following workflow to restore the configuration that was running before you upgraded to a different ...
Upgrade the VM-Series for NSX Without Disrupting Traffic
Upgrade the VM-Series for NSX Without Disrupting Traffic Use the following procedure to upgrade the PAN-OS version of the VM-Series firewalls in your VMware NSX ...