Register the Firewall
You can use your active Palo Alto Networks® Customer Support account to register your firewalls on our Customer Support Portal.
Before you can activate support and other licenses and subscriptions, you must first register the firewall. Before you can register a firewall, though, you must first have an active support account. Perform one of the following tasks depending on whether you have an active support account:
Create a New
Support Account and Register a Firewall
If you do not already have an active Palo Alto Networks support account, then you need to register your firewall when you create your new support account.
- Go to the Palo Alto Networks Customer Support Portal.
- ClickCreate my account.
- EnterYour Email Address, checkI’m not a robot, and clickSubmit.
- SelectRegister device using Serial Number or Authorization Codeand clickNext.
- Complete the registration form.
- Enter the contact details for the person in your organization who will own this account. Required fields are indicated by red asterisks.
- Create a UserID and Password for the account. Required fields are indicated by red asterisks.
- Enter theDevice Serial NumberorAuth Code.
- Enter yourSales Order NumberorCustomer Id.
- To ensure that you are always alerted to the latest updates and security advisories,Subscribe to Content Update Emails,Subscribe to Security Advisories, andSubscribe to Software Update Emails.
- Select the check box to agree to the End User Agreement andSubmit.
If you already have an active Palo Alto Networks Customer Support account, perform the following task to register your firewall.
- Log in to the firewall web interface.Using a secure connection (HTTPS) from your web browser, log in using the new IP address and password you assigned during initial configuration (https://<IP address>).
- Locate your serial number and copy it to the clipboard.On theDashboard, locate yourSerial Numberin the General Information section of the screen.
- Go to the Palo Alto Networks Customer Support Portal and, if not already logged in,Sign Innow.
- Register the firewall.
- On the Support Home page, clickRegister a Device.
- SelectRegister device using Serial Number or Authorization Code, and then clickNext.
- Enter the firewallSerial Number(you can copy and paste it from the firewall Dashboard).
- (Optional) Enter theDevice NameandDevice Tag.
- (Optional) If the device will not have a connection to the internet, select theDevice will be used Offlinecheck box and then, from the drop-down, select theOS Releaseyou plan to use.
- Provide information about where you plan to deploy the firewall including theAddress,City,Postal Code, andCountry.
- Read the End User License Agreement (EULA) and the Support Agreement, thenAgree and Submit.You can view the entry for the firewall you just registered underDevices.
(Optional) Perform Day 1 Configuration
After you register your firewall, you have the option of running Day 1 Configuration. The Day 1 Configuration tool provides configuration templates informed by Palo Alto Networks best practices, which you can use as a starting point to build the rest of your configuration.
The benefits of Day 1 Configuration templates include:
- Faster implementation time
- Reduced configuration errors
- Improved security posture
Perform Day 1 Configuration by following these steps:
- From the page that displays after you have registered your firewall, selectRun Day 1 Configuration.If you’ve already registered your firewall but haven’t run Day 1 Configuration, you can also run it from the Customer Support Portal home page by navigating toToolsRun Day 1 Configuration.
- Enter theHostnameandPan OS Versionfor your new device, and optionally, theSerial NumberandDevice Type.
- UnderManagement, select eitherStaticorDHCP Clientfor yourManagement Type.SelectingStaticwill require you fill out theIPV4,Subnet Mask, andDefault Gatewayfields.SelectingDHCP Clientonly requires that you enter thePrimary DNSandSecondary DNS. A device configured in DHCP client mode will ensure the management interface receives an IP address from the local DHCP server, or it will fill out all the parameters if they are known.
- Fill out all fields underLogging.
- ClickGenerate Config File.
- To import and load the Day 1 Configuration file you just downloaded to your firewall:
- Log into your firewall web interface.
- Navigate to Navigate to.DeviceSetupOperations
- ClickImport named configuration snapshot.
- Select the file.
Create a Support Account
Create a Support Account A support account is required to access software updates and to get technical support or open a case with Palo Alto ...
Register the VM-Series Firewall with a CSSP Auth Code
Register the VM-Series Firewall with a CSSP Auth Code To activate the license on your VM-Series firewall, you must have deployed the VM-Series firewall and ...
Register Panorama Record the Panorama serial number or auth-code and record your Sales Order Number or Customer ID. For the auth-code, Sales Order Number, or ...
Register the Usage-Based Model of the VM-Series Firewall in...
Register the Usage-Based Model of the VM-Series Firewall for Public Clouds (no auth code) Before you begin the registration process, log in to the VM-Series ...
Activate Licenses on VM-Series Firewalls on NSX When Panora...
Activate Licenses on VM-Series Firewalls on NSX When Panorama has No Internet Access Complete the following procedure to activate the VM-Series firewall for NSX when ...
Register the VM-Series Firewall (with auth code)
Register the VM-Series Firewall (with auth code) Complete the following procedure to register your VM-Series firewall with an auth code. Log in to the Palo ...
Prepare a USB Flash Drive for Bootstrapping a Firewall
Prepare a USB Flash Drive for Bootstrapping a Firewall You can use a USB flash drive to bootstrap a physical firewall. However, to do so ...
Activate/Retrieve a Firewall Management License when the Pa...
Activate/Retrieve a Firewall Management License when the Panorama Virtual Appliance is Internet-connected In order to manage devices on Panorama, you need to activate a firewall ...
Set Up Connectivity with a SafeNet Network HSM
Set Up Connectivity with a SafeNet Network HSM To set up connectivity between the Palo Alto Networks firewall (HSM client) and a SafeNet Network HSM ...