Use Case: Configure Active/Active HA with Floating IP Addresses
In this Layer 3 interface example, the HA firewalls connect to switches and use floating IP addresses to handle link or firewall failures. The end hosts are each configured with a gateway, which is the floating IP address of one of the HA firewalls. See Floating IP Address and Virtual MAC Address.
- Configure Active/Active HA.
- Configure an HA virtual address.You need a virtual address to use a Floating IP Address and Virtual MAC Address.
- In DeviceHigh AvailabilityActive/Active Config, Add a Virtual Address.
- Enter or select an Interface.
- Select the IPv4 or IPv6 tab and click Add.
- Enter an IPv4 Address or IPv6 Address.
- For Type, select Floating to configure the virtual IP address to be a floating IP address.
- Configure the floating IP address.
- Do not select Floating IP bound to the Active-Primary device.
- For Device 0 Priority and Device 1 Priority, enter a priority for the firewall configured with Device ID 0 and Device ID 1, respectively. The relative priorities determine which peer owns the floating IP address you just configured (range is 0-255). The firewall with the lowest priority value (highest priority) owns the floating IP address.
- Select Failover address if link state is down to cause the firewall to use the failover address when the link state on the interface is down.
- Click OK.
- Enable jumbo frames on firewalls other than PA-7000 Series firewalls.
- Define HA Failover Conditions
- Commit the configuration.
- Configure the peer firewall in the same way, except selecting
a different Device ID.For example, if you selected Device ID 0 for the first firewall, select Device ID 1 for the peer firewall.
Use Case: Configure Active/Active HA with Source DIPP NAT U...
Use Case: Configure Active/Active HA with Source DIPP NAT Using Floating IP Addresses This Layer 3 interface example uses source NAT in Active/Active HA Mode ...
Use Case: Configure Active/Active HA with Floating IP Addre...
Use Case: Configure Active/Active HA with Floating IP Address Bound to Active-Primary Firewall In mission-critical data centers, you may want both Layer 3 HA firewalls ...
Floating IP Address and Virtual MAC Address
Floating IP Address and Virtual MAC Address In a Layer 3 deployment of HA active/active mode, you can assign floating IP addresses, which move from ...
Configure Active/Active HA
Configure Active/Active HA The following procedure describes the basic workflow for configuring your firewalls in an active/active configuration. However, before you begin, Determine Your Active/Active ...
Determine Your Active/Active Use Case
Determine Your Active/Active Use Case Determine which type of use case you have and then select the corresponding procedure to configure active/active HA. If you ...
HA Concepts The following topics provide conceptual information about how HA works on a Palo Alto Networks firewall: HA Modes HA Links and Backup Links ...
Configure HA Settings
Configure HA Settings To configure HA settings, select Device High Availability and then, for each group of settings, specify the corresponding information described in the ...
ARP Load-Sharing In a Layer 3 interface deployment and active/active HA configuration, ARP load-sharing allows the firewalls to share an IP address and provide gateway ...
What Settings Don’t Sync in Active/Active HA?
What Settings Don’t Sync in Active/Active HA? You must configure the following settings on each firewall in an HA pair in an active/active deployment. These ...