Monitor Web Activity of Network Users
You can use the ACC, URL filtering reports, and logs that are generated on the firewall to track user activity.
- For a quick view of the most common
categories users access in your environment, check the ACC widgets.
Most Network Activity widgets allow you to
sort on URLs. For example, in the Application Usage widget, you
can see that the networking category is the most accessed category,
followed by encrypted tunnel, and ssl. You can also view the list
of Threat Activity and Blocked
Activity sorted on URLs.View logs and configure log options:
- From the ACC, you can jump directly to the logs (
) or select MonitorLogsURL Filtering.The log action for each entry depends on the Site Access setting you defined for the corresponding category:
- Alert log—In this example, the computer-and-internet-info category is set to alert.
- Block log—In this example, the insufficient-content category is set to continue. If the category had been set to block instead, the log Action would be block-url.
- Alert log on encrypted website—In this example, the category is private-ip-addresses and the application is web-browsing. This log also indicates that the firewall decrypted this traffic.
- You can also add several other columns to your URL Filtering log view, such as: to and from zone, content type, and whether or not a packet capture was performed. To modify what columns to display, click the down arrow in any column and select the attribute to display.
- To view the complete log details and/or request a category change for the given URL that was accessed, click the log details icon in the first column of the log.
- Generate predefined URL filtering reports on URL categories,
URL users, Websites accessed, Blocked categories, and more.Select MonitorReports and under the URL Filtering Reports section, select one of the reports. The reports cover the 24-hour period of the date you select on the calendar. You can also export the report to PDF, CSV, or XML.
Monitor Web Activity
Monitor Web Activity The ACC, URL filtering logs and reports show all user web activity for URL categories that are set to alert , block ...
Determine URL Filtering Policy Requirements
Determine URL Filtering Policy Requirements The recommended practice for deploying URL filtering in your organization is to first start with a passive URL filtering profile ...
Configure Custom URL Filtering Reports
Configure Custom URL Filtering Reports To generate a detailed report that you can schedule to run regularly, configure a custom URL Filtering report. You can ...
Use an External Dynamic List in a URL Filtering Profile
Use an External Dynamic List in a URL Filtering Profile An External Dynamic List is a text file that is hosted on an external web ...
Monitor Activity and Create Custom Reports Based on Threat ...
Monitor Activity and Create Custom Reports Based on Threat Categories Threat categories classify different types of threat signatures to help you understand and draw connections ...
Widget Descriptions Each tab on the ACC includes a different set of widgets. Widget Description Network Activity —Displays an overview of traffic and user activity ...
URL Filtering Categories
URL Filtering Categories Select Objects Security Profiles URL Filtering Categories to control access to websites based on URL categories. Attach a URL Filtering profile to ...
Report Types The firewall includes predefined reports that you can use as-is, or you can build custom reports that meet your needs for specific data ...
Monitor the Network with the ACC and AppScope
Monitor the Network with the ACC and AppScope Both the ACC and the AppScope allow you to monitor and report on the data recorded from ...