Downgrade a Firewall to a Previous Feature Release
Use the following workflow to restore the configuration that was running before you upgraded to a different feature release. Any changes made since the upgrade are lost. Therefore, it is important to back up your current configuration so you can restore those changes when you return to the newer feature release.
Use the following procedure to downgrade to a previous feature release.
- Save a backup of the current configuration file.Although the firewall automatically creates a backup of the configuration, it is a best practice to create a backup before you upgrade and store it externally.
- Export named configuration snapshot (DeviceSetupOperations).
- Select the XML file that contains your running configuration (for example, running-config.xml) and click OK to export the configuration file.
- Save the exported file to a location external to the firewall. You can use this backup to restore the configuration if you have problems with the downgrade.
- Install the previous feature release image.Autosave versions are created when you upgrade to a new release.
- Check Now (DeviceSoftware) for available images.
- Locate the image to which you want to downgrade. If the image is not already downloaded, then Download it.
- After the download completes, Install the image.
- Select a Config File for Downgrading, which the firewall will load after you reboot the device. In most cases, you should select the configuration that was saved automatically when you upgraded from the release to which you are now downgrading. For example, if you are running PAN-OS 8.1 and are downgrading to PAN-OS 8.0.7, select autosave-8.0.7.
- After the installation completes successfully, reboot
using one of the following methods:
- If you are prompted to reboot, click Yes.
- If you are not prompted to reboot, go to Device Operations (DeviceSetupOperations) and Reboot Device.
Downgrade a Firewall to a Previous Maintenance Release
Downgrade a Firewall to a Previous Maintenance Release Because maintenance releases do not introduce new features, you can downgrade to a previous maintenance release in ...
Downgrade from PAN-OS 8.1
Downgrade from PAN-OS 8.1 The way you downgrade a firewall from PAN-OS 8.1 depends on whether you are downgrading to a previous feature release (where ...
Upgrade/Downgrade Considerations The following table lists the new features that have upgrade or downgrade impacts. Make sure you understand all potential changes before you upgrade ...
Upgrade a Firewall to PAN-OS 8.1
Upgrade a Standalone Firewall to PAN-OS 8.1 Review the PAN-OS 8.1 Release Notes and then use the following procedure to upgrade a firewall that is ...
Install Updates for Panorama with an Internet Connection
Install Updates for Panorama with an Internet Connection If Panorama™ has a direct connection to the internet, perform the following steps to install Panorama software ...
Upgrade an HA Firewall Pair to PAN-OS 8.1
Upgrade an HA Firewall Pair to PAN-OS 8.1 Review the PAN-OS 8.1 Release Notes and then use the following procedure to upgrade a pair of ...
Install Updates for Panorama When Not Internet-Connected
Install Updates for Panorama When Not Internet-Connected If Panorama™ does not have a direct connection to the internet, perform the following steps to install Panorama ...