Documentation related to the PAN-OS® 8.1 software release.
Refer to the PAN-OS® 8.1 documentation on the Technical Documentation portal using the links below. You can also search the documentation for more information on our products:
- PAN-OS 8.1 New Features Guide—Detailed information on configuring the features introduced in this release.
- PAN-OS 8.1 Administrator’s Guide—Provides the concepts and solutions to get the most out of your Palo Alto Networks® next-generation firewalls. This includes taking you through the initial configuration and basic set up on your Palo Alto Networks firewalls.
- Panorama 8.1 Administrator’s Guide—Provides the basic framework to quickly set up the Panorama™ virtual appliance or an M-Series appliance for centralized administration of the Palo Alto Networks firewalls.
- WildFire 8.1 Administrator’s Guide—Provides steps to set up a Palo Alto Networks firewall to forward samples for WildFire® Analysis, to deploy the WF-500 appliance to host a WildFire private or hybrid cloud, and to monitor WildFire activity.
- VM-Series 8.1 Deployment Guide—Provides details on deploying and licensing the VM-Series firewall on all supported hypervisors. It includes example of supported topologies on each hypervisor.
- GlobalProtect 8.1 Administrator’s Guide—Describes how to set up and manage GlobalProtect™ features.
- PAN-OS 8.1 Online Help System—Detailed, context-sensitive help system integrated with the firewall web interface.
- Palo Alto Networks Compatibility Matrix—Provides operating system and other compatibility information for Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls, appliances, and agents.
- Open Source Software (OSS) Listings—OSS licenses used with Palo Alto Networks products and software:
View the documentation related to the Terminal Services (TS) agent 8.1 release. ...
Upgrade/Downgrade Considerations The following table lists the new features that have upgrade or downgrade impacts. Make sure you understand all potential changes before you upgrade ...
PAN-OS 8.1 provides new authentication features: Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Support for RADIUS and Authentication Using Custom Certificates for WildFire™ and PAN-DB. ...
PAN-OS 8.1 Release Information
PAN-OS® 8.1 new features, changes to default behavior, known issues, and addressed issues. ...
Follow Post-Deployment SSL Decryption Best Practices
SSL Decryption post-deployment best practices ensure that decryption is functioning as expected and help you maintain the deployment. ...
Install Content and Software Updates for Panorama
Install Content and Software Updates for Panorama A valid support subscription enables access to the Panorama software image and release notes. To take advantage of ...
Getting Help The following topics provide information on where to find more about this release and how to request support: Related Documentation Documentation related to ...