Device > Support
- Device > Support
- Panorama > Support
to access support related options. You can view the Palo Alto Networks contact information, view your support expiration date, and view product and security alerts from Palo Alto Networks based on the serial number of your firewall.
Perform any of the following functions on this page:
- Support—Provides information on the support status of the device and provides a link to activate support using an authorization code.
- Production Alerts/Application and Threat Alerts—These alerts will be retrieved from the Palo Alto Networks update servers when this page is accessed/refreshed. To view the details of production alerts, or application and threat alerts, click the alert name. Production alerts will be posted if there is a large scale recall or urgent issue related to a given release. The application and threat alerts will be posted if significant threats are discovered.
- Links—Provides common support links to help you manage your device and to access support contact information.
- Tech Support File—ClickGenerate Tech Support Fileto generate a system file that the support team can use to help troubleshoot issues that you may be experiencing with the firewall. After you generate the file,Download Tech Support Fileand then send it to the Palo Alto Networks Support department.If your browser is configured to automatically open files after download, you should turn off that option so the browser downloads the support file instead of attempting to open and extract it.
- Stats Dump File(firewall only)—ClickGenerate Stats Dump Fileto generate a set of XML reports that summarizes network traffic over the last 7 days. After the report is generated, you canDownload Stats Dump File. The Palo Alto Networks or Authorized Partner systems engineer uses the report to generate an Application Visibility and Risk Report (AVR Report). The AVR highlights what has been found on the network and the associated business or security risks that may be present and is typically used as part of the evaluation process. For more information on the AVR Report, please contact you Palo Alto Networks or Authorized Partner systems engineer.
- Core Files—If your firewall experiences a system process failure it will generate a core file that contains details about the process and why it failed. Click theDownload Core Fileslink to view a list of available core files and then click a core file name to download it. After you download the file, upload it to a Palo Alto Networks support case to obtain assistance in resolving the issue.The contents of the core files can be interpreted only by a Palo Alto Networks support engineer.
Generate Diagnostic Files for Panorama
Generate Diagnostic Files for Panorama Diagnostic files aid in monitoring system activity and in discerning potential causes for issues on Panorama. To assist Palo Alto ...
Basic Troubleshooting Recommendation for Network Troubleshooting Tools It is useful to have a separate troubleshooting station to capture traffic or inject test packets in the ...
Provide Granular Access to the Device Tab
Provide Granular Access to the Device Tab To define granular access privileges for the Device tab, when creating or editing an admin role profile ( ...
Plan the VM-Series Auto Scaling Template for AWS (v2.0 and v2.1)
Plan the VM-Series Auto Scaling Template for AWS (v2.0 and v2.1) The items in this checklist are actions and choices you must make for implementing ...
Device > Setup > Management
Device > Setup > Management Device > Setup > Management Panorama > Setup > Management On a firewall, select Device Setup Management to configure management ...
Content Inspection Changes in PAN-OS 8.1
Beginning in PAN-OS® 8.1, the firewall forwards SMBv1/2/3 content for WildFire® analysis when using the default WildFire analysis security profile. ...
Prepare a USB Flash Drive for Bootstrapping a Firewall
Prepare a USB Flash Drive for Bootstrapping a Firewall You can use a USB flash drive to bootstrap a physical firewall. However, to do so ...
Best Practices for Content Updates—Mission-Critical
Follow these best practices to deploying content updates in a mission-critical network, where application availability is top priority. ...