Manage Firewall Licenses
- Panorama > Device Deployment > Licenses
Select PanoramaDevice DeploymentLicenses to perform the following tasks:
- Update licenses of firewalls that don’t have direct internet access—Click Refresh.
- Activate a license on firewalls—To activate a license on firewalls, click Activate, select the firewalls and, in the Auth Code column, enter the authorization codes that Palo Alto Networks provided for the firewalls.
- Deactivate all the licenses and subscriptions/entitlements installed on VM-Series firewalls—Click Deactivate VMs, select the firewalls (the list displays only firewalls running PAN-OS 7.0 or later releases), and click:
- Continue—Deactivates the licenses and automatically registers the changes with the licensing server. The licenses are credited back to your account and are available for reuse.
- Complete Manually—Generates a token file. Use this if Panorama does not have direct Internet access. To complete the deactivation process, you must log in to the Support portal, select Assets, click Deactivate License(s), upload the token file, and click Submit. After you complete the deactivation process.
You can also view the current license status for managed firewalls. For firewalls that have direct internet access, Panorama automatically performs a daily check-in with the licensing server, retrieves license updates and renewals, and pushes them to the firewalls. The check-in is hard-coded to occur between 1 and 2 A.M.; you cannot change this schedule.
Firewall License Information
The firewall name.
Indicates whether the firewall does or does not support multiple virtual systems.
Indicates whether the license is active , inactive , or expired (along with the expiration date).
Indicates whether this is or is not a VM-Series firewall.
Deactivate the License(s)
Deactivate the License(s) The license deactivation process enables you to self-manage licenses. Whether you want to remove one or more active licenses or subscriptions attributed ...
Device > Licenses
Device > Licenses Select Device Licenses to activate licenses on all firewall models. When you purchase a subscription from Palo Alto Networks, you receive an ...
Manage Licenses on Firewalls Using Panorama
Manage Licenses on Firewalls Using Panorama The following steps describe how to retrieve new licenses using an authentication ( auth ) code and push the ...
Deactivate VM When you no longer need a BYOL instance of the VM-Series firewall, you can free up all active licenses—subscription licenses, VM-Capacity licenses, and ...
Deactivate a Feature License or Subscription Using the CLI
Deactivate a Feature License or Subscription Using the CLI If you accidentally installed a license/subscription on a firewall and need to reassign the license to ...
Deactivate Licenses URL : https://api.paloaltonetworks.com/api/license/deactivate Parameters : encryptedToken To deactivate the license(s) on a firewall that does not have direct internet access, you must generate ...
Activate the License for the VM-Series Firewall (Standalone...
Activate the License for the VM-Series Firewall (Standalone Version) If you have not elected to use the bootstrapping workflow using a subscription bundle, you must ...
License the VM-Series Firewall
License the VM-Series Firewall Before you can start using your VM-Series firewall to secure east-west and north-south traffic on your network, you must activate the ...
Licensing API To successfully license firewalls that do not have direct internet access, Palo Alto Networks provides a licensing API. You can use this API ...