Register the Firewall
You can use your active Palo Alto Networks® Customer Support account to register your firewalls on our Customer Support Portal.
Before you can activate support and other licenses and subscriptions, you must first register the firewall. Before you can register a firewall, though, you must first have an active support account. Perform one of the following tasks depending on whether you have an active support account:
- If you don’t have an active support account, then Create a New Support Account and Register a Firewall.
- If you already have an active support account, then you are ready to Register a Firewall.
Create a New Support Account and Register a Firewall
If you do not already have an active Palo Alto Networks support account, then you need to register your firewall when you create your new support account.
- Go to the Palo Alto Networks Customer Support Portal.
- Click Activate My Account.
- Enter Your Email Address, Enter the characters from the picture, and then Submit your entries.
- Select Register device using Serial Number or Authorization Code and Submit.
- Complete the registration form.
- Enter the contact details for the person in your organization who will own this account. Required fields are indicated by red asterisks.
- Create a UserID and Password for the account. Required fields are indicated by a red asterisks.
- Enter the Panorama Serial Number or Auth Code.
- Enter your Sales Order Number or Customer Id.
- To ensure that you are always alerted to the latest updates and security advisories, Subscribe to Content Update Emails, Subscribe to Security Advisories, and Subscribe to Software Update Emails.
- Select the check box to agree to the End User Agreement and Submit.
Register a Firewall
If you already have an active Palo Alto Networks Customer Support account, perform the following tasks to register your firewall.
- Log in to the firewall web interface.Using a secure connection (HTTPS) from your web browser, log in using the new IP address and password you assigned during initial configuration (https://<IP address>).
- Locate your serial number and copy it to the clipboard.On the Dashboard, locate your Serial Number in the General Information section of the screen.
- Go to the Palo Alto Networks Customer Support portal and, if not already logged in, Sign In now.
- Register the firewall.
- Click Register a Device in the Quick Actions section.
- On the Devices page, click Register New Device.
- Select Register device using Serial Number or Authorization Code, and then Submit.
- Enter the firewall Serial Number (you can copy and paste it from the firewall Dashboard).
- (Optional) Enter the Device Name and Device Tag.
- (Optional) If the device will not have a connection to the internet, select the Device will be used Offline check box and then, from the drop-down, select the OS Release you plan to use.
- Provide information about where you plan to deploy the firewall including the City, Postal Code, and Country.
- Read the End User License Agreement (“EULA”) and the
Support Agreement and then Agree and Submit.An entry for the firewall you just registered displays under Devices.
Create a Support Account
Create a Support Account A support account is required to access software updates and to get technical support or open a case with Palo Alto ...
Register the VM-Series Firewall with a CSSP Auth Code
Register the VM-Series Firewall with a CSSP Auth Code To activate the license on your VM-Series firewall, you must have deployed the VM-Series firewall and ...
Register Panorama Record the Panorama serial number or auth-code and record your Sales Order Number or Customer ID. For the auth-code, Sales Order Number, or ...
Register the Usage-Based Model of the VM-Series Firewall in...
Register the Usage-Based Model of the VM-Series Firewall for Public Clouds (no auth code) Before you begin the registration process, log in to the VM-Series ...
Register the VM-Series Firewall (with auth code)
Register the VM-Series Firewall (with auth code) Complete the following procedure to register your VM-Series firewall with an auth code. Log in to the Palo ...
Activate Licenses on VM-Series Firewalls on NSX When Panora...
Activate Licenses on VM-Series Firewalls on NSX When Panorama has No Internet Access Complete the following procedure to activate the VM-Series firewall for NSX when ...
Prepare the Licenses for Bootstrapping
Prepare the Licenses for Bootstrapping To license the firewall during the bootstrapping process, you must purchase the auth codes and register the licenses and subscriptions ...
Prepare a USB Flash Drive for Bootstrapping a Firewall
Prepare a USB Flash Drive for Bootstrapping a Firewall You can use a USB flash drive to bootstrap a physical firewall. However, to do so ...
Register the VM-Series Firewall
Register the VM-Series Firewall When you purchase a VM-Series firewall, you receive an email that includes an auth code for a capacity license for the ...