Generate User/Group Activity Reports
User/Group Activity reports summarize the web activity of individual users or user groups. Both reports include the same information except for the Browsing Summary by URL Category and Browse time calculations, which only the User Activity report includes.
You must configure User-ID on the firewall to access the list of users and user groups.
- Configure the browse times and number of logs
for User/Group Activity reports.Required only if you want to change the default values.
- Select DeviceSetupManagement, edit the Logging and Reporting Settings, and select the Log Export and Reporting tab.
- For the Max Rows in User Activity Report, enter the maximum number of rows that the detailed user activity report supports (range is 1-1048576, default is 5000). This determines the number of logs that the report analyzes.
- Enter the Average Browse Time in seconds that you estimate users should take to browse a web page (range is 0-300, default is 60). Any request made after the average browse time elapses is considered a new browsing activity. The calculation uses Container Pages (logged in the URL Filtering logs) as the basis and ignores any new web pages that are loaded between the time of the first request (start time) and the average browse time. For example, if you set the Average Browse Time to two minutes and a user opens a web page and views that page for five minutes, the browse time for that page will still be two minutes. This is done because the firewall can’t determine how long a user views a given page. The average browse time calculation ignores sites categorized as web advertisements and content delivery networks.
- For the Page Load Threshold, enter the estimated time in seconds for page elements to load on the page (default is 20). Any requests that occur between the first page load and the page load threshold are assumed to be elements of the page. Any requests that occur outside of the page load threshold are assumed to be the user clicking a link within the page.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Generate the User/Group Activity report.
- Select MonitorPDF ReportsUser Activity Report.
- Click Add and then enter a Name for the report.
- Create the report:
- User Activity Report—Select User and enter the Username or IP address (IPv4 or IPv6) of the user.
- Group Activity Report—Select Group and select the Group Name of the user group.
- Select the Time Period for the report.
- (Optional) Select the Include
Detailed Browsing check box (default is cleared) to
include detailed URL logs in the report. The detailed browsing information can include a large volume of logs (thousands of logs) for the selected user or user group and can make the report very large.
- To run the report on demand, click Run Now.
- To save the report configuration, click OK. You can’t save the output of User/Group Activity reports on the firewall. To schedule the report for email delivery, see Schedule Reports for Email Delivery.
Monitor > PDF Reports > User Activity Report
Describes how to add a log filter for a User Activity Report or Group Activity Report. ...
Device > Setup > Management
Device > Setup > Management Device Setup Management Panorama Setup Management On a firewall, select Device Setup Management to configure management settings. On Panorama™, select ...
View the User Activity Report
View the User Activity Report This report provides a quick method of viewing user or group activity and also provides an option to view browse ...
Report Types The firewall includes predefined reports that you can use as-is, or you can build custom reports that meet your needs for specific data ...
View Reports The firewall provides an assortment of over 40 predefined reports that it generates every day. You can view these reports directly on the ...
View and Manage Reports
View and Manage Reports The reporting capabilities on the firewall allow you to keep a pulse on your network, validate your policies, and focus your ...
Generate the SaaS Application Usage Report
Generate the SaaS Application Usage Report The SaaS Application Usage PDF report is a two-part report that allows you to easily explore SaaS application activity ...
Configure Custom URL Filtering Reports
Configure Custom URL Filtering Reports To generate a detailed report that you can schedule to run regularly, configure a custom URL Filtering report. You can ...
Monitor > PDF Reports > SaaS Application Usage
Monitor > PDF Reports > SaaS Application Usage Use this page to generate a SaaS application usage report that summarizes the security risks associated with ...